RedBull gamesmanship?

http://www.planetf1.com/news/marko-hamil...to-ransom/

Red Bull's motorsport advisor Dr Helmut Marko has claimed Lewis Hamilton "put up his price" after the Silver Arrows reportedly pursued Sebastian Vettel and Max Verstappen.

Hi, anybody know if there is any truth in this? or is Helmut playing games again?

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Pot stirring, no way Marko would know for sure, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. He is the hottest property in F1 right now, and I don't think anyone else comes close really who is still available.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Funny if he overpriced himself out of a seat. Now that would be a news story : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Red Bull have issued Daniel Ricciardo an August contract deadline before they start looking elsewhere for a 2019 driver, with Christian Horner admitting Carlos Sainz would be leading the queue....did they not give end of June as a deadline previously?...and if so does this give credence to the Ferrari signing document rumour?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

They initially said April, and then June. I always thought Danny Ricciardo would wait until the summer break before deciding his destination, and I think we're now probably looking at the same for Hamilton.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

I think it's all to do with Honda and Toro Rosso. They extended deadlines to see more numbers, RedBull will probably bleed the Renault deadline also.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

http://www.planetf1.com/news/marko-rubbi...he-moment/

"Red Bull will not be drafting in Pascal Wehrlein to replace Brendon Hartley at Toro Rosso, at least not for “the moment.”
Rumours emerged in the Barcelona paddock claiming that Hartley’s days at Toro Rosso could be numbered.
According to the speculation, the New Zealander has one race left to save his career or he’ll be replaced ahead of the Canadian Grand Prix.
That, though, has been refuted by Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko.
Asked about the possibility of dropping Hartley, he told Auto Motor und Sport: “That’s not the intention at the moment.”
Not exactly encouraging words for Hartley.
The publication added that Wehrlein has a clause in his DTM contract that means he can be released if an F1 drive comes up."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Wehrlein to Toro Rosso would be great for Wehrlein, not so sure Mercedes would be chuffed though. I also don't think it'll happen. Hartley will be given more time I think. However, rumours in the paddock do seem to suggest that both Hartley and Ericsson could potentially be replaced mid-season. Also hearing Sirotkin has been told to shape up or ship out. Lets be clear, I don't think any of these three drivers would be missed form F1.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

So Toro Rosso have potentially set a precedent of in-season driver changes. It could become a very common thing in future seasons. Did we not predict that somewhere on here? : P

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(17-05-2018, 03:33 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Wehrlein to Toro Rosso would be great for Wehrlein, not so sure Mercedes would be chuffed though. I also don't think it'll happen. Hartley will be given more time I think. However, rumours in the paddock do seem to suggest that both Hartley and Ericsson could potentially be replaced mid-season. Also hearing Sirotkin has been told to shape up or ship out. Lets be clear, I don't think any of these three drivers would be missed form F1.

Do you think Williams can afford to drop Sirotkin? He is clearly a pay as you go driver and lets be honest here he did not get that drive because of his abilities.  Unless they have someone else lined up bringing in money I just do not see it.  In fact I would probably go as far as to say Williams are pretty much done for the season. I do not know how they can completely change the way the car is performing in the time remaining. They may have some better results but I think it would take a multi-car pileup for them to finish in the top six anywhere this season.

Count me as one who was shocked to see Hartley get a drive in the first place. Nice guy just not an F1 driver methinks.

Ericsson too is not an F1 driver but does he not bring large sums of money to the team?  I guess now Ferrari are involved maybe they will not need his sponsors money so much and maybe he too will be on his way after this year. That said do you think Ferrari will get TWO drivers into the Sauber team? At that stage surely their identity will be history.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post