F1 "Future Vision" plans

(09-04-2024, 12:41 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Not often I agree with Karun, but...

Yeah he is spot on isn't he.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

I just wish the top teams would leave and start their own racing program. F1 would be nothing without Mercedes, Ferrari and maybe a few others.

I can absolutely see someone competing against Liberty at some stage its too lucrative not to and there are tons of circuits around the world that would welcome some F1 type cars back to race.

The Concorde agreement runs out at the end of 2025 its certainly something to watch.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(09-04-2024, 06:05 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I just wish the top teams would leave and start their own racing program.  F1 would be nothing without Mercedes, Ferrari and maybe a few others.

I can absolutely see someone competing against Liberty at some stage its too lucrative not to and there are tons of circuits around the world that would welcome some F1 type cars back to race.

The Concorde agreement runs out at the end of 2025 its certainly something to watch.

Unfortunately I dont see it happening now mate, well not until Liberty decide they have got all they are getting from the sport and sell up, anyway teams are pretty much powerless (to make a breakaway) these days..... Liberty (rightly or wrongly depending on how we look at it) are only using f1 as a business, its the FIA that needs standing up to, Liberty dont make the rules & regs, they just promote the "company" and reap the rewards.

Oh, and just to stick the knife in Tongue ......in the grand scheme of things Mercedes are only back in the sport 5 minutes (just slightly longer than Haas lol) and if their current run of performance doesnt improve in the near future I can see Stuttgart (thats not in the UK Morini Big Grin ) withdrawing the nazi coffers from f1 and pumping their money back into sportscars again.

Just my 2 cents

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Andretti F1 team formally opens new Silverstone facility, (AutoSport)

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(09-04-2024, 07:34 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(09-04-2024, 06:05 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I just wish the top teams would leave and start their own racing program.  F1 would be nothing without Mercedes, Ferrari and maybe a few others.

Unfortunately I dont see it happening now mate, well not until Liberty decide they have got all they are getting from the sport and sell up, anyway teams are pretty much powerless (to make a breakaway) these days..... Liberty (rightly or wrongly depending on how we look at it) are only using f1 as a business, its the FIA that needs standing up to, Liberty dont make the rules & regs, they just promote the "company" and reap the rewards.

Oh, and just to stick the knife in Tongue ......in the grand scheme of things Mercedes are only back in the sport 5 minutes (just slightly longer than Haas lol) and if their current run of performance doesnt improve in the near future I can see Stuttgart (thats not in the UK Morini Big Grin ) withdrawing the nazi coffers from f1 and pumping their money back into sportscars again.

Just my 2 cents

I think you are correct Forza that it will not happen.  However if a breakaway Formula was done they do not have to use the FIA as a governing body. As I understand it genres are free to choose their governing body if indeed they even choose to have one. Tyre suppliers would not be an issue, tracks would be easy enough, teams would be east enough to attract.

I think you are being harsh on Mercedes they entered F1 in 1954 and have been a major engine supplier for many years. Have they bounced in and out. yes, just like your favourite Author on the Banter Smile

Why are Andretti considered persona non grata yet Liberty are falling over themselves trying to get Audi and Honda back into F1 full time?  

Maybe another Formula would be a good thing for all concerned with the exception of Liberty and the FIA
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(10-04-2024, 07:07 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I think you are being harsh on Mercedes 

Why are Andretti considered persona non grata yet Liberty are falling over themselves trying to get Audi and Honda back into F1 full time?  

Yes mate, I was only on the wind up.

I think most of us armchair experts can see Andretti arent pissing around and deserve a place within f1, heck there have been some proper shit teams over the years given a place.....and with next to zero budget behind them.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Proposed 2025 calendar.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

F1 trying to limit the sport to 10 teams instead of 12 in the new concord agreement.    Shutup

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/what-.../10599603/

WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON WITH F1’S 2026 ACTIVE AERO PLANS

Formula 1’s progress towards its 2026 rules package, and especially active aero, was thrust back into the spotlight recently in the wake of some intriguing paddock gossip regarding simulator runs.

Evaluation of 2026 aero ideas had left sim drivers experiencing some weird phenomenon – including difficulties in spinning out on the straights under acceleration in low-downforce configuration, or being unable to run anywhere near flat out in what should be high-speed corners.

The situation hinted at F1’s rule makers potentially being on the backfoot with its preparations for the new rules era, where grand prix racing would be undergoing perhaps its biggest regulatory change ever with all-new engine and chassis.

However, as efforts continue to finalise the new car regulations, Motorsport.com has learned more about the reality of those sim stories – and how the drama of the findings were actually part of the plan to prove certain concepts would not work at all.