When there is a lack of motorsport news...

A small excerpt an from article over on Motorsport entitled `Why Mercedes and Ferrari are allies in F1`s new war....

"The trouble now is that Sergio has come out and said, 'The next time I see you, I'm going to punch you in the face.' And when he sees the people he's got to be sure that he's going to punch them in the face. And Sergio is not the guy that makes threats as a joke and then runs away from it."

Always saw Sergio more `mole from wind in the willows` than Rocky Balboa  Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Well, those who have done business with Sergio might disagree. He's seen as ruthless and a tad vicious and even vindictive. So if he threatens to punch you in the face you better keep your guard up! I read the article, and I have to say I honestly feel like Ferrari are willing to walk away from F1 if they don't like what they see. I think Mercedes and Renault are too... and it wouldn't take much to push Honda over the edge.

So with Ferrari and Mercedes pretty much aligned on what they want to see, and Renault pretty much in agreement with them I think Liberty Media and the FIA have a big task on their hands, and actually risk destroying F1. It's limping along as it is, and given how the FIA ballsed up WEC and lost everyone but Toyota... well... I think it'll be interesting to see the teams reactions to the outline plans.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

From what I have read about Sergio he is a "I say what I mean and mean what I say" kinda guy (was going more on looks) and I think you are right about Ferrari. Liberty will have to go one of two ways, either tread lightly with the big teams or take a stance and hope things work out with any remaining teams, I just hope they dont do things half-assed as usual.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Apparently : Seb is a little sad about the the fact there is no grid girls.........I am with you on that one Seb!
Mclaren cant pay Alonso's salary so may want to offload him next season and appoint VB to replace him leaving a seat for DR at Merc.

slow news day in the F1 world.
[+] 2 users Like Zamboon's post

(03-04-2018, 12:51 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well, those who have done business with Sergio might disagree. He's seen as ruthless and a tad vicious and even vindictive. So if he threatens to punch you in the face you better keep your guard up! I read the article, and I have to say I honestly feel like Ferrari are willing to walk away from F1 if they don't like what they see. I think Mercedes and Renault are too... and it wouldn't take much to push Honda over the edge.

So with Ferrari and Mercedes pretty much aligned on what they want to see, and Renault pretty much in agreement with them I think Liberty Media and the FIA have a big task on their hands, and actually risk destroying F1. It's limping along as it is, and given how the FIA ballsed up WEC and lost everyone but Toyota... well... I think it'll be interesting to see the teams reactions to the outline plans.

If everyone walks Honda will stay. that is the only way for them to start winning again :-)

(04-04-2018, 11:17 AM)Zamboon Wrote:  Apparently : Seb is a little sad about the the fact there is no grid girls.........I am with you on that one Seb!
Mclaren cant pay Alonso's salary so may want to offload him next season and appoint VB to replace him leaving a seat for DR at Merc.

slow news day in the F1 world.

That would be nice, with a bit of luck Renault is more competitive in 2019, Hulks contract ends, so perfect seat for Alonso: back where he belongs. With a small pay cut of course.
[+] 4 users Like ReneSpeksnijder's post