Hamilton and Vettel to switch in 2019?

Hearing most of Mercs updates are under the car, and under the hood, and that they were on Bottas' car this morning but not Hamilton's because they were unsure they'd work. That gap says otherwise.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Thanks for that info Jody. Sky commentary (which I usually ignore) say Mercedes upgrades are chasing general improvements in down-force every were. Certainly looks that way. The red Bull looks very good in sector 3. DR just went purple there, just a tenth of LH.

Just watched, 1 & 2, seems Mercedes quick over a lap but slower over race distance, work to do overnight I feel, RedBull in sector 3! so their win at Monaco then!
Bring on Quali.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Papa, I predicted as a joke before the season started that Red Bull would lock out the front row in Monaco and then take each other out turn 1.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(11-05-2018, 04:59 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  RedBull in sector 3! so their win at Monaco then!

I think it looks a nailed on certainty. Max or Dan though? That should be fun to watch
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

We say this every year, Monaco win for RedBull based solely on sector 3 in Spain, think it panned out that way once. Even then, it was because of anomalies in the Monaco race.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

(11-05-2018, 08:15 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  We say this every year, Monaco win for RedBull based solely on sector 3 in Spain, think it panned out that way once. Even then, it was because of anomalies in the Monaco race.

Newey cars always work there though in fairness. Myself, I hate the race (and actually think it detracts from the essence of what F1 is all about), but RBR always have a car that suits the event. It is part of the calendar and is a "visual spectacle", hence a good advert for F1, so I suck it up and watch like a good boy. But, most fans I know aren't that bothered about Monaco.

Fringe / outlier event at best. Blatant profiteering / fashion show at worst.

No offence meant  Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

"so I suck it up and watch like a good boy. But, most fans I know aren't that bothered about Monaco."

Completely agree, every year I pray for rain as otherwise its a dry is a yawn fest, partly I blame the stewards as they have nailed so many drivers for trying an overtake over the years few try it now, I seem to remember some billionaire has bought a chunk of land & has said he wants to alter/improve the track, sure I read it online, fingers crossed as the rich & famous wont drop it, I think a large portion of F1 fans would drop it in a heat beat.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(11-05-2018, 08:50 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:   I seem to remember some billionaire has bought a chunk of land & has said he wants to alter/improve the track, sure I read it online, fingers crossed as the rich & famous wont drop it, I think a large portion of F1 fans would drop it in a heat beat.

Was there not talk of reclaiming land around the swimming pool area a while back and uproar from the locals?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

"Was there not talk of reclaiming land around the swimming pool area a while back and uproar from the locals?"

Hello bud, maybe that was it, cant remember accurately, surprise surprise lol. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post