McLaren MCL33

@AlbertFabrega

[Image: DY4krwqUMAE-zSB.jpg]

[Image: DY4kvKKVQAAVCdK.jpg]

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

I never noticed just how close they run the floor to the tyre compared to some others, yes that inter tyre exaggerates it a little but even so...
edit: I was comparing to the Renault
edit No 2: Thanks to Hesh`s pics it looks like only Renault has a huge distance between rear tyre and floor...so far...next pics will prob prove me wrong Again!!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Huge amount of vertical slots and louvers on the rear wing, compared to other teams. Downforce generators, but large drag inducers.

Err.., I know I'm slow, but what's that link rod that seems to be running between upper wishbone and floor on rear suspension? Hard to tell if it is solid from the pic, but I don't think I've ever seen that on other cars?

(22-03-2018, 08:49 PM)morini Wrote:  Err.., I know I'm slow, but what's that link rod that seems to be running between upper wishbone and floor on rear suspension? Hard to tell if it is solid from the pic, but I don't think I've ever seen that on other cars?

No idea, cant get zoomed in on this device, looks slightly tapered towards the rear, can you see where/how it is mounted?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

I was going to ask the same thing Mori, no idea, stabilizer maybe? They are more noticable on this years cars. I think all cars have them?maybe missing from a few.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/43562369

An fairly honest interview.

Shame the new nose can't come sooner. While watching the race on Sunday, it is one of the broadest on the grid. It has to be compromising the volume of airflow to barge boards and sidepods.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

McLaren: Tim Goss removed from chief technical officer position

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/43904342

The scapegoat shifts. We did say personnel would be shifting, more probably due to stake holders reaction to a rather poor performance to the start of the season. When a team needs to be together to work through the problems, their solution is to chop and change, delaying progress even more.

Be interesting to see how this develops however: Whether he is just changing roles or leaving, and who takes his place, from within or outsider.

I guess they aren't too confident in the Barca upgrade either.......

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

So good old Tim is the fall guy? He's highly respected, but I guess it's always going to be his head on the chopping block. He was also rumoured to be one of the McLaren guys trying to get the big wigs to stick with Honda. We'll see if it sorts their woes out.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

[Image: Dc2iFLzWkAEE9lk.jpg]

Its one hell of a job, ain't she a beaut........

Great to see they achieved a narrow nose. Perhaps it's draggy and doesn't scream efficiency but I'm wondering whether those side strips will disappear when top speeds are more important Canada etc.

Its great to see innovation, here's hoping it work and we see some gains.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post