By jove I’ve got it! (Secondary uses for the halo)

Following F1/Merc’s release of this POV video of VB driving with the halo, I think I have come up with a genuinely useful secondary purpose...

https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/videos...286167411/

On the *inside* it could be fitted with a small 6-8” monitor, linked up to a rear view camera, interrupted with messages from race control - such as “VSC” or “RED FLAG” perhaps, or telemetry.

Extra weight would be minimal, and we already know the halos are a standard structure plus custom fairings, so the screen would be built intk the fairing - not interfering with the structure itself.

(I also hope we get to see more helmet cam this season. It’s long overdue!)

The rear view camera could even use augmented reality to identify the cars behind, highlighting if one is about to lap you.

I think it’s a winner. I’m going to e-mail Ross...

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

Can they actually see the top ring of the halo? or is it helmet first (keep it clean)?

Its the vertical support which is the vision obstruction.

In the video VB has a good view of the bottom face of the triangular part

(23-02-2018, 07:34 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  In the video VB has a good view of the bottom face of the triangular part

Indeed, didn't know the camera was inside the helmet, thought it was mounted to the outside.

(23-02-2018, 01:21 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  
(23-02-2018, 07:34 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  In the video VB has a good view of the bottom face of the triangular part

Indeed, didn't know the camera was inside the helmet, thought it was mounted to the outside.

Hmmm true, I see what you're saying.

Right at the end he lifts his visor, so the camera is definitely mounted inside the helmet, but I guess no way for us mere mortals to determine how the video equates to what the drivers can really see - field of view etc.

[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post

Valtteri found a new use for Halo while reading Kama Sutra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(23-02-2018, 02:07 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Valtteri found a new use for Halo while reading Kama Sutra

I don't fancy his much!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(23-02-2018, 08:29 PM)morini Wrote:  I don't fancy his much!

Which driver is going to be first to `crush his nuts` getting out in a hurry?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

"Which driver is going to be first to `crush his nuts` getting out in a hurry?"

I feel another sweepstake!

My vote the man who deserves/I want to see the most > Grosjean Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Pspaofgags, it can't be Grosjean, the man has no balls.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post