Best looking car

Well, the teams started showing their machines to us for 2018 season.
Not that a fancy look does much to results, but still, admit we all like good looking cars.

What do you guys think about the new 2018 cars?
Yes, we have not seen all, but it started now and lets give us something to talk about...

Oh, and keep that terrible halo out of the discussion if possible. Hate that thing (based on how it looks, weight it does and what it stands for!). If possible. If not, well, let yourself go!
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Haven't we only seen the Williams and Haas? Or have I missed some launches? I know Sauber showed off a possible livery design on an old car (which I liked), but so far we've seen two cars right?

Haas: I think the major change for them so far is the Ferrariesque sidepods, despite some comparing the wings to the car that started last year (d'oh) they actually look a lot like the wings we saw from Singapore onwards. Similar sort of rake, no major surprises on the surface, but apparently a lot of weight reduction under the hood. Quite like the livery, although yet again the lack of sponsorship is striking.

Williams: well, yet again a car that has gone straight for the Ferrari philosophy and isn't bashful about admitting it. Looks quite good to my eyes, but we'll see when it is out on the track. There does however appear to be some innovation (wouldn't be a Paddy Lowe car without some crazy gimmick) around the rear suspension and what look like floor support stantions. Need to see it on the track to work out what there purpose is, but it looks aero to me. As always, loving the Martini livery, but again, a distinct lack of sponsorship.

I'll reserve judgment until we've seen a few more. Like the Hass and Williams liveries, but I'm not too sure about the black on the Williams. I hope that goes by testing.

I didn't mention the Halo (oops, ot seems I did) :-)

True these first two cars follow Ferrari when it comes to certain parts of the car, but I think that is a good thing (like the look of it and seems to be a good choice for result also).

Haas has a clean, modern look. Something that stands out from the rest. Not many sponsors though.

Always like the Williams with the Martini livery, except for last year when they messed it up with that shark fin. Good to see this year it looks more dynamic and organic (follow Ferrari), with a smaller shark fin. Like Morini not sure about the amount of black on this car.

Morini I agree with you on the black bits at the bottom of the Williams, they look as ugly as sin, but all teams do it to hide details, Mercedes and RBR are probably worse at it, but it doesn't stick out anywhere near as much with their liveries.

I happen to think of all the cars last year, in terms of shape I think the Ferrari looked the sexiest, so if that's the direction teams are going in, I'm very much onboard with it.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

So RBR have shown their car... complete with dazzle camo:

https://redbullracing.redbull.com/articl...disruption

So probably not much we can take from it in terms of livery. lol.

However look at the crazy suspension arms again. So Williams and RBR have seen something in the rules maybe. I wonder how many other teams go with it. Looks like RBR have gone with their own sidepod concept from the end of last season, which gave a nod and a wink to Ferrari. The shape of the engine cover fat at the bottom thinner at the top goes against the grain, I wonder if that's optimal or because that's what they have to go with because of the Renault engine, we'll see when Renault and McLaren release there cars.

(19-02-2018, 10:47 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So RBR have shown their car... complete with dazzle camo:

https://redbullracing.redbull.com/articl...disruption

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Can't wait to see Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes now. I wonder which way Ferrari will go with their wheelbase? Still super short, or will they go with a bit more length? Not long to wait now.

We've got Renault and Sauber Tomorrow, then Wednesday the big two Ferrari and Mercedes, Thursday McLaren, and the Girl Rosso first day of testing right?
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(19-02-2018, 11:08 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Can't wait to see Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes now. I wonder which way Ferrari will go with their wheelbase? Still super short, or will they go with a bit more length? Not long to wait now.

We've got Renault and Sauber Tomorrow, then Wednesday the big two Ferrari and Mercedes, Thursday McLaren, and the Girl Rosso first day of testing right?

Yep, and Force India whenever they get round to it  Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

And they might not be Force India... still, it's pretty much guaranteed to be pink.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post