Track Limits

Upcoming F1 seminar to discuss track limits.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/889454/1/wh...ia-seminar

Let's hope they finally get their shit together and nail down the rules that apply to every track, every race weekend. MotoGP don't have these issues, they have rules they adhere and enforce them, baffling the "pinnacle of Motorsport" struggles.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(10-02-2018, 08:16 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Upcoming F1 seminar to discuss track limits.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/889454/1/wh...ia-seminar

Let's hope they finally get their shit together and nail down the rules that apply to every track, every race weekend. MotoGP don't have these issues, they have rules they adhere and enforce them, baffling the "pinnacle of Motorsport" struggles.

I know the FIA and f1 head honcho`s will disagree but I honestly think there is room for COMMON SENSE in the sport! How hard can it be....all 4 wheels over the white line and you get penalised, doesnt matter which corner, be it on entry or exit...it really is that easy....Seminar over!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Exactly.

Penalties will be the issues. Simple enough in practice and qualifying session for penalties, lap cancelled simple as that. As for race, is where they will have to discuss and nail down. Be it as harsh has loosing a place, or simple time penalty. During position contention will also be a sticking point and will need to be nailed down, wheels ahead, forced off, corner cut etc etc.

Yes, the only issue would be the "He pushed me off track", those would have to be at the discretion of the steward (s)....that would be the full time steward (s) so there should be consistency .

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

There is already a perfectly good rule already, they just need to delete the words... "and gains an advantage". I think it was Schumacher who said I wouldn't be out there (outside track limits) if I wasn't gaining an advantage. If a driver is forced off, or makes a mistake and runs wide as a result it's obvious, and the stewards should have 'discretion' not to penalise drivers, but the default position should be clear, it's an automatic penalty if more than two wheels leave the track.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Exactly Jody.

This was the most infuriating thing for me about track limits not being enforced.

https://youtu.be/ySNj4tHlUsw?t=9m25s

RIC at COTA, was just overtaken by BOT after a good side by side through sector 1. He then completely cuts the second apex of turn 6, doing that in the game gains about 0.15s. Nothing was done about it, it was never even mentioned.

Danny Ric you mean? Of so I agree. He exceeded track limits in his defence against Kimi also before the first round of pit stops. Nothing was said about that either, I was gesticulating quite hard at the TV, but I don't think the stewards heard me. There were multiple times he and Max went all four wheels off the track, which is why I think Max was so pissed his move on Kimi was disallowed. He'd received no warning for it all race.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post