The Honey Badger

Lotus I think the outside werent to know Merc would have their success. But inside the F1 world, they all knew. Adrian Newey highlighted that when he did a interview and indicated Merc had made him offers.

Some are saying such a huge sum is desperation from McLaren to cover the loss of Alonso, but that's a whole other topic.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Lotus I hear what you are saying... but... Mercedes were investing loads of money and had recruited an insane amount of talent. I think a few people thought it pans out well. McLaren are actually losing what little talent they have, and I can't see them making any serious moves up the grid anytime soon. Renault maybe, if their collective corporate pride has been stung by Red Bull ditching them might loosen the purse strings and seek some sort of revenge. No if I were Danny Ricciardo I'd sign a two year contract at Red Bull and then see what the terrain looks like come the rules changes. Rumours are, that's what Lewis has done also.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

I wonder who got this story i hear it was a german source bild, it is well out there i have to admit. I really really hope Mclaren would improve significantly but alas....
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(21-06-2018, 05:51 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  I wonder who got this story i hear it was a german source bild, it is well out there i have to admit. I really really hope Mclaren would improve significantly but alas....

Honestly I think McLaren are only just starting their wilderness years, with rumours Norris' management are trying desperately to wriggle him out of his McLaren contract, including refusing to sign a lucrative contract extension, which cause Red Bull, Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault all to ask questions about his availability. I think that McLaren are screwed for some time. They lose Alonso and I just can't see them getting anywhere near the front of the grid for years, not with Renault seemingly taking F1 seriously now. I think the Renault engines will more and more be designed to suit the works team, and that will hamper McLaren. It's going to be a painful few years, and the rumours are Alonso is off to Penske.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(21-06-2018, 08:03 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  and the rumours are Alonso is off to Penske.

That's cheered me up no end Smile
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Glad to be of service.

Having witnessed Bottas today put in another damn fine performance, and Leclerc pretty much sign his Ferrari contract with qualifying 8th in France, plus with McLaren seemingly sliding towards Williams levels of oblivion I think the only real option is Red Bull for Ricciardo. He took too long to pick, and I think the competition for those seats has just shut them down.

Latest from SSN surely he has missed the boat hasnt he on a WDC chance?
http://www.skysports.com/share/11418558
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(27-06-2018, 03:37 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Latest from SSN surely he has missed the boat hasnt he on a WDC chance?
http://www.skysports.com/share/11418558

I don't know about that, I think everyone's contracts run until the close of play 2020, meaning there could well be lots of seats changing hands in 2021 when the rules get a big shake up again. That's the contract that really counts. Were I Ricciardo I'd pursue a 2 year contract and see what the lie of the land is for 2021 and pursue that as my big contract. These next two years will see the sport in a sort of holding pattern unless Ferrari or Mercedes can break ahead of each other, or Red Bull Honda turns out to be amazing. Otherwise I think it'll be as you are. So he needs to sign up to red bull for now and bide his time and keep his performances consistently high.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Yep and hope the new guard do not surpass him which could easily happen
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post