The Honey Badger

Ricciardo out of F1 Dutch GP with injured hand, Lawson to sub.

Red Bull's Helmut Marko says Daniel Ricciardo has sustained a broken hand in his FP2 accident at Formula 1's Dutch Grand Prix, with Red Bull junior Liam Lawson as his replacement.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Sad, very sad indeed. He would be better off having no luck!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(25-08-2023, 06:27 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Ricciardo out of F1 Dutch GP with injured hand, Lawson to sub.

Red Bull's Helmut Marko says Daniel Ricciardo has sustained a broken hand in his FP2 accident at Formula 1's Dutch Grand Prix, with Red Bull junior Liam Lawson as his replacement.

Update.

Daniel Ricciardo out with broken finger.

A fecking finger... the Moto GP lads get back on with far... far worse.

Hell rugby players tape fingers together & carry on playing.

Am I being harsh here?   Rolleyes

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(26-08-2023, 12:24 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Daniel Ricciardo out with broken finger.

A fecking finger... the Moto GP lads get back on with far... far worse.

Hell rugby players tape fingers together & carry on playing.

Am I being harsh here?   Rolleyes

The most memorable for me being Lorenzo, breaking a collarbone after a highside at Assen on the Thursday, flying back to Spain to have a plate fitted then flying back early Friday morning to qualify Friday and race Saturday......think he finished 5th too!........or when he broke both ankles (the previous week) and had to be lifted on and off the bike for every session at Sepang(?)

Different gravy mate!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(26-08-2023, 09:50 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  The most memorable for me being Lorenzo, breaking a collarbone after a highside at Assen on the Thursday, flying back to Spain to have a plate fitted then flying back early Friday morning to qualify Friday and race Saturday......think he finished 5th too!........or when he broke both ankles (the previous week) and had to be lifted on and off the bike for every session at Sepang(?)

Different gravy mate!

Yeah this is what I was pointing out, some of the injuries were *mental* but they just proved the Moto GP
boys are a "Different gravy"    Cool

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Helmut Marko says Ricciardo is likely to be ruled out for Monza and Singapore...."We'll get an approximate opinion from the doctor tonight, but things are looking rather bad for the next two races."

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Red Bull boss Christian Horner doubts Daniel Ricciardo will be able to return to F1 until the Qatar Grand Prix in October.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

If rumours are to be believed Danny has two races to get his act together or he is being booted!!!

Unless of course he has some photographs/emails that would be of interest to the public Smile Smile Smile
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post