In season testing

(23-01-2018, 05:48 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Jacques Vileturd always annoyed the hell out of me. He had talent, no question, but he squandered it more often than not, and actually wasn't anywhere near as good as he thought he was. And everyone is right, Vileturd did more testing than anyone else on the grid. I remember FW saying it was getting expensive.

I know you are a big fan Jody so this should make your day....Grosjean says he could race in F1 until he is 40.  Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Grosjean could also cure cancer, solve the Middle East peace process and fly to Mars on a scooter if you listened to Grosjean. Truth is he's a twat, and he'll be lucky if he gets another two seasons after this one. He knows with so many good youngsters coming through his days are numbered.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(23-01-2018, 10:47 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Grosjean could also cure cancer, solve the Middle East peace process and fly to Mars on a scooter if you listened to Grosjean. Truth is he's a twat, and he'll be lucky if he gets another two seasons after this one. He knows with so many good youngsters coming through his days are numbered.

Haha, I know how you feel about him and couldn't resist posting his comment  Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(23-01-2018, 05:48 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Jacques Vileturd always annoyed the hell out of me.

But on the plus side, Dannii Minogue was very easy on the eye back then.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(24-01-2018, 07:22 PM)morini Wrote:  
(23-01-2018, 05:48 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Jacques Vileturd always annoyed the hell out of me.

But on the plus side, Dannii Minogue was very easy on the eye back then.

The only good thing any of us can say about JV is Dannii and that didnt go too well lol

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(25-01-2018, 11:43 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  The only good thing any of us can say about JV is Dannii and that didnt go too well lol

Maybe I should whisper this, but I actually thought he was a decent driver in his Williams era. Quick and had some flair. No arguments he was (is) an absolute c0ckwomble, but a pretty fast c0ckwomble at the end of the day. Handed D Hill his arse, for sure.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/five-signs...n-testing/

Five signs we desperately want to see at testing.

Less than two weeks to go until pre-season testing begins and Formula 1 fans are dreaming of an epic season ahead. But then again, we always do; it often fails.

Last year Ferrari set the pace in the pre-season, a 1-2 for Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen, while Lewis Hamilton was eighth and Valtteri Bottas P10. Fernando Alonso was third in the McLaren!

On that alone it is clear to see that pre-season times count for little, however, that doesn’t mean we don’t get some indication of what may be around the corner.

Here are five signs every Formula 1 fan is hoping to see this pre-season.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Mileage, and components run through are always more indicative of "performance" and outright lap time. Very few teams try "qualifying laps" last year was different to some degree because Ferrari did show their hand somewhat, we did get to see something of the longer distance pace, which indicated that Mercedes were slightly quicker than Ferrari, but not by much.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

No. 6 - Stable, representative temperatures for the two weeks!

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Williams Formula 1 driver George Russell will drive for Mercedes in this week's two-day post-Bahrain Grand Prix test.

Though Russell is a full-time Williams driver on what was announced as a "multi-year" deal starting this season, he was a Mercedes junior before that and remains closely watched by the title-winning team.

Russell will reprise his 2017 and 2018 testing role with Mercedes when he gets behind the wheel of its 2019 car on Wednesday.

The reigning Formula 2 champion will take over from Lewis Hamilton, who is scheduled to drive on Tuesday.

Fielding Russell means Mercedes will complete one of its mandatory 'rookie days' as the Briton only made his second grand prix start last weekend.

Two of each team's four test days need to be conducted by a driver who has not started more than two F1 races.

It means that if reserve driver Esteban Ocon is going to drive Mercedes' 2019 car during the season, he will either get one day at Barcelona next month or wait until Mercedes participates in Pirelli tyre testing.

Bahrain F1 test line-up (Tuesday/Wednesday)

Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton/George Russell
Ferrari: Sebastian Vettel/Mick Schumacher
Red Bull: Max Verstappen/Dan Ticktum
Renault: Daniel Ricciardo/Jack Aitken
Haas: Romain Grosjean/Pietro Fittipaldi
McLaren: Carlos Sainz Jr/Lando Norris + Fernando Alonso/Sainz (Pirelli test car)
Racing Point: Lance Stroll/Sergio Perez
Alfa Romeo: TBC/Schumacher
Toro Rosso: Alex Albon both days + Daniil Kvyat (Pirelli test car)
Williams: George Russell, Robert Kubica/Nicholas Latifi

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post