In season testing

Still find this early test a bit baffling.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Bahrain testing times day 1

[Image: D3KIbp4XkAAyvEz.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Seems like it was fastest per car running, Pirelli...
But, at least they had the decency to include tyre info...

[Image: D3KopnmWsAIp6Ow.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

[Image: D3PSl6HWwAEUmxF.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Schumacher reveals true power of Ferrari engine?

Mick Schumacher appears to have let slip that Ferrari's 2019 power unit has indeed topped out over 1000 brake horsepower.

With BHP figures ever on the rise, it has been rumoured for several years that F1 engines have been nudging close to four figures.

Auto Bild quotes Mick as saying:

"The car accelerates out of the corners so well. But you still need to have respect.
"If you don't, with over 1000 horse power it would be dangerous."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Tbh traces from last year's qualifying modes suggested that the Mercedes and Ferrari PU's were already nudging north of 1000 bhp. Whether they can run these engines at North of 1000bhp consistently in race trim is still questionable.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(04-04-2019, 01:20 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Tbh traces from last year's qualifying modes suggested that the Mercedes and Ferrari PU's were already nudging north of 1000 bhp. Whether they can run these engines at North of 1000bhp consistently in race trim is still questionable.

I was reading earlier (I forget where) both Merc drivers are fully expecting the Ferraris to drive away from them given the straights at Shanghai. Tota sayd the differential at Bahrain wasn't drag but power. Ferrari have either found a lot or they are sailing close to the wind reliability wise. Time will tell which I guess.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Yeah, telemetry from Bahrain was interesting. It seems Mercedes were making up time in corners, particularly fast corners, but also initial traction zones after slow corners, but losing it down the straights. Big time. Interestingly though, only really to Charles. However, if that remains the case in China I'd say S1 and S2 I'd expect Mercedes to have the edge, but S3 Ferrari will monster. There's also the added difficulty in predicting Shanghai that historically in recent years the Ferrari has been harsher on it's front tyres, and Shanghai is very, very front limited.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Whats the weather going to be like bext weekend? Probably too early to second guess it a week out I guess?

[edit]
Instead of being lazy I looked for myself. Posted in the Chian GP thread.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Back on topic : )