Oooooh woah, we're half way there...

Yesterday marked the half-way point of the winter break, which means today we're officially closer to lights out in Melbourne than we were the chequered flag in Abu Dhabi!

I think that deserves a cold beer or five this evening!

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 4 users Like Purple-banana's post

(12-01-2018, 04:44 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Yesterday marked the half-way point of the winter break, which means today we're officially closer to lights out in Melbourne than we were the chequered flag in Abu Dhabi!

Oh go on then, you have talked me into having a few  Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-01-2018, 04:44 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Yesterday marked the half-way point of the winter break, which means today we're officially closer to lights out in Melbourne than we were the chequered flag in Abu Dhabi!

Take that dry January! In your face.

JB told me to have a beer or five and who am I to disappoint him? Cheers JB, <clinks glass in general direction of f1banterist people>.

Sláinte Wink
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(12-01-2018, 08:23 PM)morini Wrote:  Take that dry January! In your face.

JB told me to have a beer or five and who am I to disappoint him? Cheers JB, <clinks glass in general direction of f1banterist people>.

Sláinte Wink

I thought about doing dry January.....but then needed the old `hair of the dog` on New years day and thought...maybe next year  Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

"If I was made to choose one, Dry January? go sober for October..... Pahh I'll go for can't remember November Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(12-01-2018, 09:21 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "If I was made to choose one, Dry January? go sober for October..... Pahh I'll go for can't remember November Tongue

Haha, Now there is one I would def sign up for.....I better get practising  Big Grin

What is that Dy January you guys keep talking about? A new gin or something?
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(15-01-2018, 06:00 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  What is that Dy January you guys keep talking about? A new gin or something?

Yes, you can only consume Dry white wine, dry sherry or dry gin....but not all at once Big Grin
(not sure if you where being serious, it is when you give up the booze for the month of January with some people collecting/giving to charity)

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(15-01-2018, 06:46 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(15-01-2018, 06:00 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  What is that Dy January you guys keep talking about? A new gin or something?

Yes, you can only consume Dry white wine, dry sherry or dry gin....but not all at once Big Grin
(not sure if you where being serious, it is when you give up the booze for the month of January with some people collecting/giving to charity)

Good thing I like them dry.
(and no, I was not serious - otherwise, I mastered the art of google...).
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(15-01-2018, 07:30 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Good thing I like them dry.
(and no, I was not serious - otherwise, I mastered the art of google...).

Fond of the odd Gin or 6 myself, with elderflower tonic and lots of ice.....mmmm....might have a cheeky one tonight  Big Grin