http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...qualifying

Lewis Hamilton support for Esteban Ocon after Belgian GP qualifying

"Unfortunately we're in a weird place in F1 where some teams... they'll take whoever has got the money," says Hamilton with Belgian GP qualifying star Ocon's future in doubt

Lewis Hamilton has made the case for "exceptional" Esteban Ocon to be given a "great car" after the Frenchman qualified a career-best third for the Belgian GP amid growing uncertainty over his F1 future.

In the surprise result of Spa qualifying as rain hit the legendary circuit in Q3, Ocon headed an all-Force India second row behind polesitter Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel just days after the team were officially rescued from administration.

The qualifying result, the best of Ocon's short career, marked another milestone for the impressive Frenchman, who has consistently shone since making his debut in the sport two years ago at Spa.
Yet, with an anticipated 2019 move to Renault scuppered by Daniel Ricciardo and Force India expected to sign Lance Stroll for next season after his father bought the team, Ocon is yet to secure a drive for next season.

World champion Hamilton said: "I've always been a supporter of Esteban. I think how he conducts himself and how he performs on track is exceptional.

He added: "You can't let someone who has more money leap in front of a better driver. The governing body definitely has to [address it] somehow.
"In some ways, I wish I was managing him!"

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(25-08-2018, 05:23 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...qualifying

"Unfortunately we're in a weird place in F1 where some teams... they'll take whoever has got the money," says Hamilton with Belgian GP qualifying star Ocon's future in doubt

Lewis Hamilton has made the case for "exceptional" Esteban Ocon to be given a "great car" after the Frenchman qualified a career-best third for the Belgian GP amid growing uncertainty over his F1 future.

In the surprise result of Spa qualifying as rain hit the legendary circuit in Q3, Ocon headed an all-Force India second row behind polesitter Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel just days after the team were officially rescued from administration.

Christ, that Hamilton is such a douchebag, so fake as a personality. Sorry Hamilton fans, but the guy seems to manage irritating me every time he opens his mouth this year. He is becoming so obnoxious, why does he not just change his name in his Royalty, Prince, or some crap like that.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(25-08-2018, 05:26 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Christ, that Hamilton is such a douchebag, so fake as a personality. Sorry Hamilton fans, but the guy seems to manage irritating me every time he opens his mouth this year. He is becoming so obnoxious, why does he not just change his name in his Royalty, Prince, or some crap like that.

What n earth has he said there to cause any offence? I agree with every word, no matter who said it.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(25-08-2018, 05:28 PM)morini Wrote:  
(25-08-2018, 05:26 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Christ, that Hamilton is such a douchebag, so fake as a personality. Sorry Hamilton fans, but the guy seems to manage irritating me every time he opens his mouth this year. He is becoming so obnoxious, why does he not just change his name in his Royalty, Prince, or some crap like that.

What n earth has he said there to cause any offence? I agree with every word, no matter who said it.

I know, not that reasonable from my side. Problem is that even when he is right, he rubs me the wrong way. My fault.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(25-08-2018, 05:26 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(25-08-2018, 05:23 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...qualifying

Christ, that Hamilton is such a douchebag, so fake as a personality. Sorry Hamilton fans, but the guy seems to manage irritating me every time he opens his mouth this year. He is becoming so obnoxious, why does he not just change his name in his Royalty, Prince, or some crap like that.

There was me thinking this was a positive post, think we all know Ocon deserves to be in Formula 1.

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

In Anti's defence on this one, while I also agree with everything Lewis said, there is a lot of BS, in F1. A lot from Fernando, haha, such is the nature of the game - but this bit, from Paps post:

"He added: "You can't let someone who has more money leap in front of a better driver. The governing body definitely has to [address it] somehow.

It's been that way since, forever, takes money to race in F1

So please explain, Lewis, how, or where would you get him a drive? Would you buy out Laurence Stroll, who is reported to be worth something like 2.2 billion, or would you get him a drive alongside you at Merc, at the expense, of Valteri?

Not trying to make waves, on what, as Paps said, was a comment I think all of us can agree on, but Lewis does also say some BS

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(25-08-2018, 07:03 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  In Anti's defence on this one, while I also agree with everything Lewis said, there is a lot of BS, in F1.  A lot from Fernando, haha, such is the nature of the game - but this bit, from Paps post:

"He added: "You can't let someone who has more money leap in front of a better driver. The governing body definitely has to [address it] somehow.

It's been that way since, forever, takes money to race in F1

So please explain, Lewis, how, or where would you get him a drive?  Would you buy out Laurence Stroll, who is reported to be worth something like 2.2 billion, or would you get him a drive alongside you at Merc, at the expense, of Valteri?

Not trying to make waves, on what,  as Paps said, was a comment I think all of us can agree on, but Lewis does also say some BS

Controversial !! I have to agree that Ocon deserves the seat on MERIT pay drivers can be a burden, but do understand that’s teams need money and it’s a luxury for the likes of Ferrari and Merc amen RB to say otherwise, although this is a drivers opinion and whilst he does come out with some bollocks I think he has a fair point. Although I never agreed Lewis should of had a top seat he did show talent. What has Stroll shown compared to Ocon??

I do agree motorsport in general is money driven but we surely want to see best drivers in the top series
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/wolff-ocon...-of-chess/

Toto Wolff says “several chess figures” need to be put in place in order for Lance Stroll to take Esteban Ocon’s Racing Point Force India seat.
According to paddock whispers it is just a matter of time before Stroll walked into a Force India race seat, and it will be Ocon’s.

However, in order for that to happen, Ocon needs a drive for the rest of this season. And that could be Stoffel Vandoorne’s at McLaren.
The full swap, should it come to pass, would see Stroll move to Force India as early as the Singapore GP, Ocon swap to McLaren, Vandoorne would be dropped and Robert Kubica would return to racing in the Williams.

Asked about the possible moves, Mercedes motorsport boss Wolff told Motorsport.com: “There is a lot of discussion going on at the moment.
“It is not down to one party deciding a movement, but we need to put in place several chess figures, and that isn’t clear yet.”
However, even if all this does not come to fruition this season, it could happen next year with Wolff adamant Ocon has a bright future in Formula 1.
He added: “I have no doubt that Esteban Ocon will win races and compete for championships in the future.
“We thought his future was clear around Budapest, and it all changed within 48 hours. But it is how it is, it makes no sense to complain.
“We will continue to help him in finding a short term solution for him to drive.
“There is a lot of interest out there, and it’s just a matter of scanning the market in the next few days to choose the right option for him and for the team.

“But I’m very optimistic for his future.”
Meanwhile McLaren sporting director Gil de Ferran was asked about the Ocon rumours and he insisted that Vandoorne’s seat is safe, at least for the rest of this season.
“Yeah I can confirm that,” he said when asked if Vandoorne would race at Monza.
“At present we have no other plans and he will be in the car for the rest of the year.”

As for claims that Ocon recently had a McLaren seat fitting, he replied: “Esteban is not our driver, so I’m not going to make any comments about that.”

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Ocon to Mclaren is a step backwards for the lad, but a seat is a seat ofc, however where from there?? Strolls dad has saved a team and excellent but the agenda was for his son to race and sorry he isn’t good enough to deserve that seat imo. But I suppose we need a team to stay and if Ocon is sacrificed well the sport is bigger than one driver
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

You know I really wish Ocon was getting into the second Mercedes car next season, I like Bottas as a guy and he is very good driver but I think Ocon can be so much better. I was somewhat upset Ricciardo is not in a Mercedes but as things have panned out I am also upset for Ocon. He has to be a full Mercedes racer in 2021 surely (but that may well be too late.)

Driving a McLaren in F1 is like Playing soccer for Lincoln City (with apologies to them) yes its soccer but it is not the Premier League! Ocon belongs in the Premier League of racing in my book.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post