Alonso to leave f1

Well that is your opinion, however general consensus is he was easily one of the greatest drivers in F1. Haters gonna hate
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(15-08-2018, 06:41 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  I'll take what Massa said about both, over Jody (Scheckter that is)

Why? I mean, I'm being serious? What makes Massa's opinion more relevant that Jody Scheckters?

And on my own views on Alonso, I didn't say he couldn't drive well, but there are as good / better around and the bloke has been hyped to buggery over his career (unfounded hype, he's done jack shit since his last WDC). 2007 finished him as a driver and a man in my eyes. If he was that good he wouldn't have been out driven by a rookie. Plus, his behaviour that year was an absolute disgrace.

Nothing any of you can say will presuade me he's a special driver.

I agree with Fog this should be a page to celebrate a great, not "Alonso bash" which is basically all you have done on this thread, yep this is F1 Banter but also a place to respect each and everyone's drivers.

(15-08-2018, 06:48 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Well that is your opinion, however general consensus is he was easily one of the greatest drivers in F1. Haters gonna hate

If that was aimed at me then you realy should know better. My opinon is equally valid as your own. Plus I'm at least backing up my comments with the reasons I think what I think! All you are doing is saying in text "he was easily one of the greatest drivers in F1". No inkling of why. Read my posts and at least I try to explain why I don't think the same.

Don't call me a hater blindly like that because that's they type of thing which really pisses me off.

(15-08-2018, 06:51 PM)morini Wrote:  
(15-08-2018, 06:41 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  I'll take what Massa said about both, over Jody (Scheckter that is)

Why? I mean, I'm being serious? What makes Massa's opinion more relevant that Jody Scheckters?

And on my own views on Alonso, I didn't say he couldn't drive well, but there are as good / better around and the bloke has been hyped to buggery over his career (unfounded hype, he's done jack shit since his last WDC). 2007 finished him as a driver and a man in my eyes. If he was that good he wouldn't have been out driven by a rookie. Plus, his behaviour that year was an absolute disgrace.

I agree ....in 2007 he thought Lewis would be easily beaten..he was wrong....then in a fit of envy and rage he dragged the sport into disrepute with his behavior..I'm still surprised McLaren had him back......his comments over the radio and his general demeanor during his McL days have shown him to be more a spoiled child than a F1 great.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 1 user Likes pennywise's post

(15-08-2018, 06:55 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  I agree with Fog this should be a page to celebrate a great, not "Alonso bash" which is basically all you have done on this thread, yep this is F1 Banter but also a place to respect each and everyone's drivers.

Oh please. Get a grip! Read my previous post. I don't agree with the consensus and I've told you why. Theres no way I'm bowing down to peer pressure and letting people gush the hype about Alonso without putting my own points across.

If you don't like that then tough.

(15-08-2018, 06:51 PM)morini Wrote:  
(15-08-2018, 06:41 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  I'll take what Massa said about both, over Jody (Scheckter that is)

I could reverse that, and say, what makes Scheckters opinion more relevant than Massa's - who was team mates with both?

Like I said, it's all just "opinions". But that wasn't my point, and I know you'll never change your mind, was just poking fun as I do, but sooner or later you'll have to recognise the genius of EJ, lol - I'll not hold my breath though Smile

My main point is feel free to "love to loath him" M.

but without question, we've lost a great "character" of the sport Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Do you want me to quote all the Alonso bashing you've done here? I know your a big fanboy of Hamilton but your blinkered, Forza just put up his stats but you choose to ignore and use a pathetic "done by a rookie" he wasn't beaten ffs and by that logic Nico beat LH to a title did anyone beat Alonso as a team mate nope? Your a wind up merchant and I have no issue highlighting it Smile

(15-08-2018, 07:01 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  did anyone beat Alonso as a team mate nope? Your a wind up merchant and I have no issue highlighting it Smile

Yes, Hamilton did, in 2007. On podium countbacks if I remember correctly.

If you think I'm a wind up merchant you want to take a close look at yourself! I'll always give reasons for what I say, whether on here or elsewhere. Have a think about that one.

Lotus and Morini - please don't get into a tiff over this, I was just having a laugh, we're all entitled to say what we like here, that was the whole point, Bash away, Morini, as Lotus put it, I can take it, and Lotus - chill bud - this isn't the Sky forum, so Morini prefers to support Zee Germans - his choice, hahaha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post