£40m a year!!!

(28-06-2018, 10:08 AM)morini Wrote:  Jesus H. Thank God he can drive, that's all I can say.

With you on that lol. Wink

[/quote] Forza
vs a surgeon saving lives or other occupations putting their lives on the line on a daily basis....hell no, but it is what it is.
[/quote]

Have sympathy with this buddy, as you say "it is what it is.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Yep its obscene on so many levels compared to real life jobs but sadly its exactly what you say hence why i simply cannot abide their wages n sports person is worth that at all in terks of what they actually do or achieve when we have Public services doing a far great contribution to society. Unfortunately with live in an unbalanced world and i do not blame them unless they personally ask for that kind of money in which case greed is there overwhelming urge
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

I read that one of the key clauses that held up Hamilton's contract negotiations surrounded podium celebrations. Apparently he is insisting on having the German national anthem replaced by this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWQMMPFtoG4
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

I think people wouldn't get so bored of Mercedes winning if that were the anthem played.

As to the more serious issues of pay and "worth" don't want to get too deep or political here except to say that obviously I agree with the comments about the money paid to sports personalities is truly obscene, but this is a byproduct of the society we live in. No I don't think it is right, yes I would like it to change, and no I don't think it will.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

As to the more serious issues of pay and "worth" don't want to get too deep or political here except to say that obviously I agree with the comments about the money paid to sports personalities is truly obscene, but this is a byproduct of the society we live in. No I don't think it is right, yes I would like it to change, and no I don't think it will.

I dont think any reasonable minded person thinks sports stars are NOT over paid. The fact remains its like everything else in life, supply and demand and economics. Mercedes would not pay Hamilton what they do not consider him to be worth, clearly they do and I am never going to suggest people should take less in life just because. I know I would max out my worth which is generally around a tenner a week!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

I know paps has posted that the new Hamilton Mercedes contract will be announced this weekend at German event. Anyone else find that in itself weird? Silverstone would surely have been the place to release that info? Is there stuff going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of?

Realistically I can't see any other option than a Mercedes re-signing for Hamilton, but the length of time it has taken is making me wonder now if there is something brewing. Must be a distraction for both driver and team (even though they claim it's not) and it's in everyone's interest to kill the speculation.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(15-07-2018, 10:30 AM)morini Wrote:  I know paps has posted that the new Hamilton Mercedes contract will be announced this weekend at German event. Anyone else find that in itself weird? Silverstone would surely have been the place to release that info? Is there stuff going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of?

Yeah, I was very surprised a contract renewal wasnt announced in front of the Silverstone crowd, you would have thought that was a perfect opportunity....unless doing it in front of the German bigwigs is more appealing to Mercedes?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(15-07-2018, 10:30 AM)morini Wrote:  I know paps has posted that the new Hamilton Mercedes contract will be announced this weekend at German event. Anyone else find that in itself weird? Silverstone would surely have been the place to release that info? Is there stuff going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of?

I know you wont have it Morini but Mercedes believe they are a German team, Hehe, yeah I read in on BBC F1 gossip so it must be true...

"Is there stuff going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of?" I'm not aware of anything I'm not aware of, I know what I know but I don't know what I don't know...….. Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(15-07-2018, 01:43 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  I know you wont have it Morini but Mercedes believe they are a German team, Hehe,

Never! They'll always be a British team to me!!!

<stcks head back in sand>
Lalallalala la la ..., I can't hear you.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Nothing wrong with denial buddy Smile
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post