https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137238...y-for-2019

European Formula 3 title challenger Dan Ticktum is a contender for a Toro Rosso Formula 1 drive next season as a replacement for Brendon Hartley.

Ticktum, the 2017 Macau Grand Prix winner, is currently second in Euro F3, one point behind championship leader Marcus Armstrong and is in the frame to partner Pierre Gasly at Red Bull's junior team in 2019.
Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko has identified McLaren Autosport BRDC Award winner Ticktum as its junior driver who would be ready for an F1 drive in 2019.
"At the end of the season, yes," Marko told Autosport.
"At the Norisring, someone drives into him from the back, he goes to the hospital, says he wants to go out again - and wins the race afterwards!

"He's fast. Crazy, but fast. It fits us. He is only one point behind and had two technical defects.
"We're looking for the fastest. If they're characters, it fits, but someone doesn't have to be this crazy for us.
"We have now normalised Ticktum to some extent."
Hartley has been under pressure after a tricky start to 2018, with McLaren junior Lando Norris approached as a possible mid-season replacement, but Marko said the plan is for Hartley to complete the season.
His future beyond that is uncertain, with Ticktum the best-placed alternative given his fellow Red Bull juniors are only at Formula Renault and Formula 4 level.
Red Bull kept faith in Ticktum despite his ban for 2016 for a crash under a safety car in an MSA Formula race at Silverstone the previous year, and made him a fully-fledged part of its junior programme for 2017.

Another Brit, yes please.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

Still undecided about Dan, a bit ....meh

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Hoping he's good enough buddy like I've said before I follow all the Brits, even Stevens, Chilton & Palmer lol, its rare a really good one comes along but with so many good young drivers coming through I'm hoping we might get a gem amongst them, fingers crossed. Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(06-07-2018, 02:10 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Hoping he's good enough buddy like I've said before I follow all the Brits, even Stevens, Chilton & Palmer lol, its rare a really good one comes along but with so many good young drivers coming through I'm hoping we might get a gem amongst them, fingers crossed.  Smile

Im all for brits coming through bud, the more the better, looking forward to seeing what Norris, Russel and (maybe)Aitken can do, just not sure about Dan `crazy horse` Ticktum  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post