2020 British GP

Well, we still have some time for banter I guess.

LOL... great minds think alike Anti.

I guess that rules us out!

I will take down my thread!

Absolutely one of my favourite races of the year (any year!).

Am I biased as a Brit?  Yes and no.

I love the circuit it has a bit of everything. Overtaking while not easy is possible in so many parts of the circuit and then of course there are the fans.  Sad that they will be missing this year and I am sure all the British drivers will miss them the most .  You have to think their support is worth a little extra on each and every lap.

The weather often plays a big part in the races, being US based I have no feeling for the summer the UK is having.

Mercedes once again are the class of the field but as with every season there are surprises to be had. I wish they would cancel any car based changes for 2022 because I feel the gap is still narrowing fast. Not saying it will all be on level footing but when is it ever.  This is F1.

Big bonus this year is we get TWO Silverstone dates. That makes up a little for losing a major part of the season.

Stay safe my friends.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Didn't even see you had a thread up!
That is funny.

Well, there are two races at Silverstone this year, so lets keep up the appearance that we thought about keeping a thread for both races...
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(23-07-2020, 10:00 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Big bonus this year is we get TWO Silverstone dates. That makes up a little for losing a major part of the season.

Stay safe my friends.

I also rate it as amongst the best circuits, it will be very strange without the crowds (which are always large at Silverstone). A real driver challenge, but I honestly think the Mercs will be hard to get anywhere near.

I've created a placeholder for the second race and renamed this thread so there s no confusion and people can differentiate when looking back.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Silverstone. Not my favourite, but for sure a very unique and likeable track. For me, I just love to see the speed these cars can show there.

This year will indeed be a Mercedes show. Hamilton off in the distance with Bottas following (but never catching up). Then probably Verstappen fighting some spicy Pink Mercedes cars. Behind this a real interesting battle with the other Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren and Renault.
Yes, I all know this since I have a crystal ball...

Weather, I am not in UK but seems it still could go either way; rainy and sunny. Will be a major part of the outcome of this race.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post

(24-07-2020, 01:41 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Weather, I am not in UK but seems it still could go either way; rainy and sunny. Will be a major part of the outcome of this race.

Early August in the UK? It is bound to be 35° C with cloudless skies  Thumbsup

Heh

(24-07-2020, 03:01 PM)morini Wrote:  
(24-07-2020, 01:41 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Weather, I am not in UK but seems it still could go either way; rainy and sunny. Will be a major part of the outcome of this race.

Early August in the UK? It is bound to be 35° C with cloudless skies  Thumbsup

Heh

More change of a hot summer day, especially the last couple of summers. But when I look at the forecast for The Netherlands (which is not that different normally), it is showing for the upcoming two weeks change of rain for a whole bunch of days and temperatures of max 25 degrees. 
Naturally the weather forecast will have it wrong, but at least wish me some luck with the hoping.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(24-07-2020, 03:22 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  More change of a hot summer day, especially the last couple of summers. But when I look at the forecast for The Netherlands (which is not that different normally), it is showing for the upcoming two weeks change of rain for a whole bunch of days and temperatures of max 25 degrees. 
Naturally the weather forecast will have it wrong, but at least wish me some luck with the hoping.

Me, I'll be happy if it rains or if there are typical mixed conditions. I didn't say that last year though as I was there and didn't want to sit in a puddle!
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Weather update. Looks like staying dry (at the moment).

Friday a scorcher!! Hopefully it will cause some disparity to how the tyres act and we get a good level of unpredictability in the race and strategy.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post