2020 Hungarian GP

Yeah, two tenths before the lights go out, the two tenths is after the lights go out. I think he's lucky.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

It was a good race, enjoyable in many aspects but that Mercedes looks unbeatable. fair play to Bottas he drove a great race but Hamilton is just in a league of his own.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(19-07-2020, 04:26 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah, two tenths before the lights go out, the two tenths is after the lights go out. I think he's lucky.

Agreed and not his first time.

RBR might be keeping their heads down on complaints but funny to hear Horner saying "someone moaned" about blow drying the grid spot
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

(19-07-2020, 04:26 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah, two tenths before the lights go out, the two tenths is after the lights go out. I think he's lucky.

No arguments from me. 

He definitely lost out mind. If he's have somehow picked it back up and gotten the lead it might be a different story? As it was he was just swallowed up by the pack, so that is enough of a penalty really.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

I think what we're actually seeing is Bottas' live very dangerously and trying to predict the lights when the pressure is on. He's done it multiple times now. Even his start last week was apparently stupidly close to lights out.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(19-07-2020, 05:17 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I think what we're actually seeing is Bottas' live very dangerously and trying to predict the lights when the pressure is on. He's done it multiple times now. Even his start last week was apparently stupidly close to lights out.

I guess he needed to have ace reactions if he wanted to make T1 first. Backfired, but small margins.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Enjoyed that, incredible car Mercedes has made.... again  Cool

Good job from Lewis.

Max out driving his car, (except the lap to the grid  Shutup )  hope they can get him in the fight every weekend.

Thought Valtteri a lucky lad.    Dodgy

Sebastian getting the better of CLK, we need the red cars back in the fight at the front.

Only 2 weeks to a Silverstone double header, I'm guessing Valtteri will need to beat Lewis at least once there, more easily said than done.

Luckily there is Moto GP next week, I'm getting used to F1 every week, like it.  Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

I think Bottas will need to come out of the Silverstone double header ahead of Lewis, which won't be easy it has to be said. If Lewis wins both Silverstone races I think it'll be over. Bottas sounds really dejected, because he knows today he screwed up, but even if he hadn't Lewis was way too good again. The skill deficit between the two is massive in race trim. Over one lap he can stay in touch, but once it comes to Sunday he's not in the same league.

(19-07-2020, 06:18 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Enjoyed that, incredible car Mercedes has made.... again  Cool

Good job from Lewis.

I went into this thinking all the action was yesterday in quali. Was pleasantly surprised, it was a fun race to watch and we all seemed to be enjoying it together in the chat room.

(19-07-2020, 06:18 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Max out driving his car, (except the lap to the grid  Shutup )  hope they can get him in the fight every weekend.

I'm just watching the highlights program on Sky. You know, I think that was one of Max's most impressive drives. Overcoming a setback on the way to the grid, being fast throughout the race and holding off a Mercedes at the end. Top quality drive, deserved DOTD (though it was close with LH who basically owned the whole event).

(19-07-2020, 06:18 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Thought Valtteri a lucky lad.    Dodgy

He was, it seemed right on the edge. But like I said above, I think he took enough of a penalty in all honesty. I thought he came back quite well, though his first move of CLC looked amateurish (at best)

(19-07-2020, 06:18 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Sebastian getting the better of CLK, we need the red cars back in the fight at the front.

The pressures off Seb now. I'd like to see him have some fun in his last year with Ferrari. I don't think that car is likely to win much this year though.

(19-07-2020, 06:18 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Only 2 weeks to a Silverstone double header, I'm guessing Valtteri will need to beat Lewis at least once there, more easily said than done.

Don't forget VB out qualified Lewis at Silverstone last year. LH was way faster in the race, but I think quali(s) will be really close.

(19-07-2020, 06:18 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Luckily there is Moto GP next week, I'm getting used to F1 every week, like it.  Wink

I must admit I have completely lost touch with Moto GP. Would like to get back into it, but I pay for too many subs already.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

There was one thing I meant to add to the above comments. Today Mercedes tried a very similar strategy with VB to the one which won LH the race last year. Pit from right behind your prey then hunt them down over the remaining laps with fresher tyres. Last year LH was committed and pulled it off, this year VB was found wanting.

That (for me) is one of the main differentiators between Lewis and Valtteri. You need to have the fight and belief in your own ability to pull that kind of strategy off. IIRC last year James Vowles came on the radio after Lewis 7th win and said something like "nobody else could have pulled that off Lewis". I think that is what VB is up against. Can't be easy!
[+] 4 users Like morini's post