Silverstone deal nearing

No details, it links to an article on FT and I don't subscribe so can't read the source article.

https://www.crash.net/f1/gossip/917323/1...sh-gp-deal

Silverstone is moving closer to agreeing a fresh deal with F1 owners Liberty Media to keep the British Grand Prix at the Northamptonshire circuit (https://www.ft.com/content/59916642-5928...081a%C2%A0)

On the same gossip page is a link to Jolyon Palmers BBC article slating Vettel for spinning. How ironic is that?? Heheh  Rolleyes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47807590

[edit]
This one quote from Palmer caught my attention though. Is this true?

"Mistakes happen, but this is now four spins in Vettel's past 10 races going back to Monza last year. That's clearly an unacceptable trend for a championship challenger."
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Morini if you include qualifying it's actually 7 spins in the last 10 weekends.

Only seeing this from 1 source atm:

Good news for Formula 1 fans, Motorsport Week can reveal that the British Grand Prix will remain at Silverstone until at least 2022 following the conclusion of a new deal between the British Racing Drivers’ Club (BRDC) and Liberty Media.

British Formula 1 fans can breathe a sigh of relief with the news that the British GP won’t be dropping off the calendar after this year’s event, which was due to be the last race at Silverstone after the BRDC activated a break clause agreement in its contract shortly before the 2017 race.
Silverstone had originally held a deal to host the race through 2026, but in 2017 activated a clause which allowed it to end that deal earlier, a decision which was made due to strained finances caused by a multiplier agreement, which saw the hosting fee increase year-on-year.

*Saward’s sources confirmed to him that the new deal is a multi-year agreement, destined to run from 2020 through to 2022. But coming as a further surprise, is that there is no guarantee that the Silverstone race will remain the only UK event on the F1 calendar! This is because commercial rights holders Liberty Media are hoping to add a second UK-based race to the calendar as early as 2021, with the obvious location being London’s Docklands area.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

OOPS!....SilverstoneUK Twitter: Unfortunately there is fake news circulating this morning regarding the agreement of a new deal for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. At this time we can confirm that we have not agreed a contract however talks are still progressing. Sad

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(30-04-2019, 11:16 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  OOPS!....SilverstoneUK Twitter: Unfortunately there is fake news circulating this morning regarding the agreement of a new deal for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. At this time we can confirm that we have not agreed a contract however talks are still progressing. Sad

Fingers crossed that they sort a deal at a race track, bet money that they want one in London though...…

My hope > DONNINGTON!!!!  Cool 

I was gutted when it fell through a few years back, best 1st lap ever> 1993 Senna  Winkblink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post