Kubica no longer in the frame for Williams drive

(17-12-2017, 08:28 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  and a shame really, I quite like Clare, but having seen the recent Williams documentary, found it a little uneasy watching at times, seemed more focused on internal family squabbles than the actual achievements of Williams - so as it pains me to say it, as after Monisha left Sauber she's the only Woman in charge, it looks like she is doing a piss poor job - a shame really that Monisha wasn't heading up the team instead, as I think she did a great job at Sauber

I'm going to have to differ my opinion on Monisha Kaltenborn. I think she also did- as you say - a 'piss poor' job Confused .

As for Williams, I really don't know what to say. On the one hand I can accept that money is important in Formula 1, and maybe they are doing the needful. But I suspect they are doing a poor job of running a racing team. If there was stronger management in F1, they also might have a say in how Williams is bringing 'mockery' to the sport, which is what I really think!
[+] 1 user Likes BrendanSylvester's post

(18-12-2017, 02:00 PM)BrendanSylvester Wrote:  But I suspect they are doing a poor job of running a racing team. If there was stronger management in F1, they also might have a say in how Williams is bringing 'mockery' to the sport, which is what I really think!

I agree with you, not sure about bringing `mockery` to the sport, but F1 has always been seen as the pinnacle of motorsport...where single seater drivers aspire to make it to one day....Williams have shown pedigree is not necessary if they go for 2 pay drivers, Yes I know many drivers through out the sport have brought different forms of financial backing but this is just taking the piss.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

[attachment=8]
(18-12-2017, 02:32 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I agree with you, not sure about bringing `mockery` to the sport, but F1 has always been seen as the pinnacle of motorsport...where single seater drivers aspire to make it to one day....Williams have shown pedigree is not necessary if they go for 2 pay drivers, Yes I know many drivers through out the sport have brought different forms of financial backing but this is just taking the piss.

This is mainly about prize money distribution. I have tried to add a graphic, I'm not sure if it's showing. In 2015 Williams came third in the Constructors Championship with 257 points. Red Bull were 4th with 187 points, McLaren were 9th with 27 points. If you can see my the graphic I uploaded, because of bonus payments, Red Bull received $144M in revenue, Williams $87M, almost half, and McLaren received $82M.

Obviously, Williams believe if they can make up for the bonus payments with money from Stroll and Sirotkin, which totals quite a bit, they can be on a level playing field with people like Red Bull, McLaren and Mecedes.

What should be bothering Williams, in my view, is how Force India only had $67M in revenue fro 2015, and somehow Williams slipped behind them in 2016.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 4 users Like BrendanSylvester's post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/136215...s-problems

"Williams's tough start to the 2018 Formula 1 season has led to repeated calls for Robert Kubica to be promoted to a race seat with the team, but would that change anything?
The FW41 is the slowest car on average across the first five races of the season, and the team sits bottom of the constructors' championship with just four points to its name."

"In this video, (7m 34s) Formula 1 correspondents Scott Mitchell and Ben Anderson join Glenn Freeman to discuss what's gone wrong at Williams this year, and to explore if something as simple as a driver line-up change could really make a difference."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(21-05-2018, 05:49 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/136215...s-problems

Whats that old saying?   ah yes..."you cant make a silk purse out of a pigs ear".....I dont believe even Lewis or Seb could help improve that P.O.S car so there is little chance of Strollalong and his Russian buddy coming up with the answer. Much as I am a fan of RK he doesnt possess a magic wand which is clearly what is required down at Williams Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kubic...y/3159755/

Robert Kubica has described his style of Formula 1 driving as "70% left-handed and 30% right" following his return from injury.

The 33-year-old Williams test driver has had five days of testing and run twice in free practice so far this year, and has successfully adapted to a left-hand dominant technique thanks to limitations of his right arm and hand.

"In 2010, I was doing Eau Rouge with Renault in qualifying with one hand because I was covering the hole to stop the rear wing and I was going through Eau Rouge one-handed," said Kubica.

"This was much more dangerous than my driving now, because then I was really driving only one-handed.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kubic...t/3160899/

Robert Kubica says his role with the Williams Formula 1 team is "different" from what was planned because of the team's struggles with its 2018 car.

Kubica, who joined the team as reserve and development driver this year, has played an active role for Williams both behind the wheel and with his off-track contributions.

But he suspects that he could have had an even bigger impact were Williams to have had a stronger car to work with rather than having to focus on troubleshooting problems.
“In our situation, we are working on trying to solve things, so it’s a bit different to what my role was planned to be,” Kubica told Motorsport.com.

“In the situation where the car ran smoothly, I would have a big impact.
“On the other hand, I am also working on the simulator and trying to improve this area of the team. And I’m taking part in the technical meetings and stuff like this.
“It’s quite an open-minded position and that’s what I think is satisfactory for myself and for the team.”
The 33-year-old has driven on five test days for Williams this year, as well as completing Friday practice sessions in Spain and Austria.
And Kubica said he did not expect to enjoy his current role as much as he has.
“It has been a good surprise for me," he said.
“I thought it would be more difficult to watch the others racing but, because this opportunity gives me a chance to live my passion, not as a race driver but with an active role in the team, it is rewarding.
“I don’t see it as a negative that I’m not racing and the others are.”

Is it just me that does not care that much anymore about Kubica?
Like the guy, think he was great, championship material. But with emphasis on wás... Who is he now?
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

He's a guy that make me very uneasy (and I don't say that liberally) when I see his on-board shots, you can really see his "70% left hand driving" and that just scares me in the fastest sport on the planet.

So, you're not alone Anti, I think the general detest for Williams current driver line up and nostalgia has put emphasis on favouritism for Kubica.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I would still like to see Robert take part in a couple of races....preferably in something other than that shopping trolley of a Williams though, just to put to bed the "what if`s" and "has he still got it"

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post