What next for Ocon?

Yes this promising young and up and coming driver could be out of a seat very soon (surely he is okay for Spa?) depending of course what happens with Lance Stroll and Sergio Perez.  I would think short term ie the rest of the season the team will want to keep Perez and the money he brings to the table and I am sure Lawrence Stroll did not buy the team only not to have his son drive for them.

There was much talk earlier in the year of him going to Renault but it looks like that door has been very firmly closed so his options are looking decidedly thin on the ground. I doubt Haas will want a Mercedes driver in the team. Likewise Sauber (but would he want to go there even if he could).  I dont think Toro Rosso are in play and I highly doubt Red Bull are either but I would not completely close that door but it is probably 99% shut! That basically leaves McLaren and Williams.

I think Vandoorne is probably done at McLaren or in my opinion he should be, he could go to Sauber as he supposedly has a relationship with Freddie Vasseur but I dont see that happening. That would leave one seat open with Norris also in play.

Then we have Williams. Strolls departure will leave one seat open and I do not think Sirotkin is a certainty for the other seat either. I am not even certain Williams will survive in its existing state of play.  I am certain Mercedes are watching very closely what is going on there. A) I think they will be looking to acquire a 'second' team just as Ferrari have.  B) They have a lot of drivers and nowhere to put them.  If they took over I see two of either Russell, Ocon and possibly even Wehrlein driving there next season.

Roll on Spa its been a miserable few weeks, compounded this week by the pathetic performance of the England cricket team but thats for another forum or another day (I dont need Morini kicking me in the posterior again I am already on a 15 place grid penalty)
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Messages In This Thread
What next for Ocon? - by NeilP - 20-08-2018, 09:57 AM
RE: What next for Ocon? - by LotusLover - 20-08-2018, 12:27 PM
RE: What next for Ocon? - by Purple-banana - 20-08-2018, 01:07 PM
RE: What next for Ocon? - by Monster Hesh - 20-08-2018, 08:44 PM
RE: What next for Ocon? - by LotusLover - 20-08-2018, 10:12 PM
RE: What next for Ocon? - by Purple-banana - 20-08-2018, 09:22 PM