Should we have a point for pole?

We have a point for fastest lap should we not have a point for pole position?

Thoughts anyone

We've discussed this before, and I've been for it for years. My preference is well known on here:

Pole = 3 points
Second = 2 points
Third = 1 point.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Never thought about expanding it more than just first but I like that idea Qualifying is a big part of the race it should count for something

(currently) Would be a No from me, nigh on impossible for anyone other than the top teams to achieve

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Hiya, no from me too For the same reason as Forza.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

(25-05-2019, 06:31 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  (currently) Would be a No from me, nigh on impossible for anyone other than the top teams to achieve

On that logic they should also ditch the 1 point for fastest lap. I understand the reasons for having it, but much of the time the lead drivers can't (or won't) go for it because of all this race management bollocks. Anybody can take a fastest lap these days if they have fresh tyres towards the end of the race. Pole takes more skill than fastest lap (IMO), but I accept that only the top cars are in the running for it. Both ideas are flawed.

(25-05-2019, 06:31 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  (currently) Would be a No from me, nigh on impossible for anyone other than the top teams to achieve

So when Ferrari get back to being a top team you may revisit this scenario eh Forza :Smile :Smile Smile
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(25-05-2019, 09:00 PM)NeilP Wrote:  So when Ferrari get back to being a top team you may revisit this scenario eh Forza :Smile :Smile Smile
LOL, very witty Neil  Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

I think the idea from Jody is not bad at all.
The problem mentioned by Forza is the whole problem of F1 right now. Be honest; who can take the real points on Sunday? The difference is just to big.

So, points for pole and a more equal playing field, that is what I want (but will not get...).