Current Top 10

Following on from the discussions on the Chinese GP and a post by Anti who are your current top 10 drivers on the grid?

I have listed below my top 10. I have tried hard to imagine all drivers driving all cars rather than just use a results based decision. This is where I see them today. End of the season I am sure Leclerc will jump up many places.

1. Hamilton.  A long way clear of the field in my view.

2. Verstappen.  I have to believe if he was driving a Ferrari or Mercedes he would be right up there fighting for the WDC. His race craft is improving fast and he finally seems to be maturing.

3. Ricciardo. I just feel he is never going to get the chance his talent deserves.

4. Vettel. His star is fading and I am tempted to put others above him but still on his day he is brilliant. Sadly those days are becoming fewer and fewer

5. Hulkenberg. Same as Danny Ricciardo.

6. Bottas. Really good solid driver. I just dont think he has it in him to be great.

7. Leclerc. Yes, I rate him this highly and he unlike Vettel is seeing his star shine ever brighter. He and Max will be fighting it a lot in the coming seasons

This is where personally I feel there is a big drop off and it gets hard to rank them.

8.  Raikkonen. Yes, well past his best but talentwise still a top 10 guy in my book

9. Perez. Also on the downside of his career but a great fighter who seizes his opportunities when they arise.

10. Grosjean. Like Perez on the downside, a flawed driver who is totally inconsistent but on his day was capable of great things.

That is about where I see things these days but then what the hell do I know Smile
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(14-04-2019, 09:16 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Following on from the discussions on the Chinese GP and a post by Anti who are your current top 10 drivers on the grid?

I have listed below my top 10. I have tried hard to imagine all drivers driving all cars rather than just use a results based decision. This is where I see them today. End of the season I am sure Leclerc will jump up many places.

1. Hamilton.  A long way clear of the field in my view.

2. Verstappen.  I have to believe if he was driving a Ferrari or Mercedes he would be right up there fighting for the WDC. His race craft is improving fast and he finally seems to be maturing.

3. Ricciardo. I just feel he is never going to get the chance his talent deserves.

4. Vettel. His star is fading and I am tempted to put others above him but still on his day he is brilliant. Sadly those days are becoming fewer and fewer

5. Hulkenberg. Same as Danny Ricciardo.

6. Bottas. Really good solid driver. I just dont think he has it in him to be great.

7. Leclerc. Yes, I rate him this highly and he unlike Vettel is seeing his star shine ever brighter. He and Max will be fighting it a lot in the coming seasons

This is where personally I feel there is a big drop off and it gets hard to rank them.

8.  Raikkonen. Yes, well past his best but talentwise still a top 10 guy in my book

9. Perez. Also on the downside of his career but a great fighter who seizes his opportunities when they arise.

10. Grosjean. Like Perez on the downside, a flawed driver who is totally inconsistent but on his day was capable of great things.

That is about where I see things these days but then what the hell do I know Smile

Similar to mine. Curious how the rest here rates the drivers.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(15-04-2019, 06:09 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(14-04-2019, 09:16 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Following on from the discussions on the Chinese GP and a post by Anti who are your current top 10 drivers on the grid?

I'll give mines a go..............

1- Hamilton....No surprise and it's a shame on the rest  that he is so apparently the No 1.

2- Verstappen...Again no surprise ...he seems the only driver that will challenge Lewis if in equal machinery.

3-Ricciardo....Took care of Vettal at Redbull and the best going into the braking zone needing a clean pass.

4- Vettel...but on a shaky peg.....Living in the past and unhappy Kimi has been replaced with a younger version of himself.

5-Hulk....Poor guy needed a top seat 3 years ago and we would still be in awe of his talents.

6- Bottas...Needs Hamilton to move to Ferrari to Shine....but a decent driver with the hardest job in F1

7- Le Clerc....If he can get ahead in the championship race and is allowed to be himself he will shine.

8-Norris...Give him the right car and this guy will drive the wheels off it....fearless and nerveless.

9-Kimi....Stlll able to mix it with the best on his day but his attitude is just Meh....where's the party?

10-Albon.....He will be successful ....and remember these words....he's in the hunt for the 2nd RedBull drive...Helmut is impressed with this guy....

Just my own thoughts guys....look forward to yours
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

(15-04-2019, 06:46 PM)pennywise Wrote:  
(15-04-2019, 06:09 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  

I'll give mines a go..............

1- Hamilton....No surprise and it's a shame on the rest  that he is so apparently the No 1.

2- Verstappen...Again no surprise ...he seems the only driver that will challenge Lewis if in equal machinery.

3-Ricciardo....Took care of Vettal at Redbull and the best going into the braking zone needing a clean pass.

4- Vettel...but on a shaky peg.....Living in the past and unhappy Kimi has been replaced with a younger version of himself.

5-Hulk....Poor guy needed a top seat 3 years ago and we would still be in awe of his talents.

6- Bottas...Needs Hamilton to move to Ferrari to Shine....but a decent driver with the hardest job in F1

7- Le Clerc....If he can get ahead in the championship race and is allowed to be himself he will shine.

8-Norris...Give him the right car and this guy will drive the wheels off it....fearless and nerveless.

9-Kimi....Stlll able to mix it with the best on his day but his attitude is just Meh....where's the party?

10-Albon.....He will be successful ....and remember these words....he's in the hunt for the 2nd RedBull drive...Helmut is impressed with this guy....

Just my own thoughts guys....look forward to yours

Nice list. Like the two surprises with Albon and Norris, though personally think you rate Norris way to high. Albon is still a dark horse to me.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post