F1 Banter Online Forums
2022 Spanish GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2022 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Thread: 2022 Spanish GP (/showthread.php?tid=818)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - NeilP - 20-05-2022

I will be there for Quali guys, my apologies

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - forzaferrari - 20-05-2022

(20-05-2022, 06:19 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I will be there for Quali guys, my apologies

On the wind up mate.....fp2 was over by the time I rocked up  Tongue

Merc looking a lot less bouncy Neil

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - NeilP - 20-05-2022

Yes it looks a lot more stable. Looking for improvement in performance but I do not think they are anywhere close to either Ferrari or Red Bull. I think we are in for a real war of attrition in this race. Pit stop strategy could be the winner here. Degradation could mean a three stop race.

I dont know why I like this circuit because to be frank it is pretty crap for overtaking so Track Position is king. Maybe because Hamilton has had so much success here is why I like it and indeed Hungary. Just hoping Hamilton can win a race this year which sounds ridiculous but its not.

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - black - 20-05-2022

(20-05-2022, 07:28 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Yes it looks a lot more stable. Looking for improvement in performance but I do not think they are anywhere close to either Ferrari or Red Bull. I think we are in for a real war of attrition in this race. Pit stop strategy could be the winner here. Degradation could mean a three stop race.

I dont know why I like this circuit because to be frank it is pretty crap for overtaking so Track Position is king. Maybe because Hamilton has had so much success here is why I like it and indeed Hungary. Just hoping Hamilton can win a race this year which sounds ridiculous but its not.

Already too late for the Mercs, even if this isn't a false dawn they are way too far behind in both championships. Best they can hope for is the odd race win and that is a long shot IMO.

I agree though, whoever manages tyres best will win this one. Could be a shock result, but WTF is going on at McLaren? They have two great drivers and I was hoping they would be in the fight this year.

Crap circuit for racing.

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - NeilP - 21-05-2022

I will be in chat for Quali for sure. Be good to catch up with you guys

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - forzaferrari - 21-05-2022

Enjoy the racing lads, catch you tomorrow evening.

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - PapaofGags - 22-05-2022

Enjoy peoples, will catch up later. Big Grin

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - forzaferrari - 22-05-2022

I still think this is a sh*t circuit! Ferrari cant afford anymore f*ck ups if they want half a chance to fight those Red Bulls for a title, Great drives from the top 3 today, I would include Lewis but the hypocritical prick suggested retiring the car early doors then spouts a load of BS post race about never giving up?

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - NeilP - 23-05-2022

It was an eventful race but not for good reasons. I feel gutted for Leclerc he did nothing wrong all weekend and got nothing out of it. Sainz was again disappointing and if not for Mercedes having big issues at the end he would have been 5th. Fantastic drive by Russell and indeed by Hamilton to come from pretty much last to 4th before more car issues was a great drive and there was no artificial help in doing so. Two steps forward one step back for Mercedes I feel.

On the subject of Hamilton, I feel he is not treated fair and square by people. He did not want to quit after the coming together he merely asked the question should we stop and save the engine (It was brand new for this race). Now was he upset and hugely disappointed? No of course not he had only been taken out of the race by a stupid move from Magnussen who despite having a great year declined to his old reckless ways in this race. He was totally at fault for the incident yet was not penalized.

Hamilton is frequently accused of moaning, sometimes those accusations are valid but at many other times he is merely asking questions or posing an opinion. Lets contrast that with Verstappen who has done nothing but bitch and moan and call out his team for the last two races and what do we hear....crickets!!! Its just an anti Hamilton thing that happens frequently within F1 racing circles. Very unfair and biased.

Getting back to Ferrari and Red Bull fight which is the deciding factor in both Championships and continuing the anti Hamilton issue with many. Its race 6 of the season and the team orders are right out there. Lets not pretend Perez is anything but a wing man. Mercedes took a lot of flack for the way they treated Bottas and "assisted" Hamilton but I sure do not recall it being until the Championship was out of reach for Bottas before that happened. Ferrari need something extra to beat Verstappen. It does not help that they have not had both drivers at the front in recent races but Red Bull have.

Talking of Bottas another outstanding race from him. He is a totally different driver without any huge pressure on him. It was also a good day for the Alpine team as Ocon took 7th and Alonso 9th. Norris did well to get his McLaren up to 8th after a poor weekend for them. Danny Ricc is done his fire is burning out I am sad to say.

What will stand out for me this week is how damn Lucky Red Bull have been of late and that the team is always complaining something else we never hear any negativity about. First its Aston Martin and their car then its Russell and his driving. My hatred runs even deeper if that is at all possible.

Monaco next and unless its a wet race another snooze fest. Lets see how much the new car designs have made overtaking easier there!!!!!!

EDIT I just listened to Hamilton's race engineer and driver commentary for the entire race and was shocked to hear they were lifting and coasting from pretty much the start of the race 200 metres and then 300 metres, crazy.

I found it interesting not sure anyone else will. Hamilton was 3.5 seconds ahead of Sainz when the temps went through the roof. He was running the car at 50% throttle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS31nSTFKLs

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - forzaferrari - 23-05-2022

(23-05-2022, 01:06 AM)NeilP Wrote:  On the subject of Hamilton, I feel he is not treated fair and square by people. He did not want to quit after the coming together he merely asked the question should we stop and save the engine (It was brand new for this race). Now was he upset and hugely disappointed?  No of course not he had only been taken out of the race by a stupid move from Magnussen who despite having a great year declined to his old reckless ways in this race. He was totally at fault for the incident yet was not penalized.

Hamilton is frequently accused of moaning, sometimes those accusations are valid but at many other times he is merely asking questions or posing an opinion. Lets contrast that with Verstappen who has done nothing but bitch and moan and call out his team for the last two races and what do we hear....crickets!!!  Its just an anti Hamilton thing that happens frequently within F1 racing circles. Very unfair and biased.

I sincerly hope this is not aimed in my direction Neil, I stand by what I have said, Lewis did indeed suggest "saving" the car, even in the interview that I watched after the race he ADMITTED again he thought it better to retire the car. LH: "I didnt know if reliability is an issue, we’ve already seen today that there was something in the end. I thought we might as well save the engine so we can fight another day.”........his team rightly rebuffed his suggestions and incouraged Lewis to continue as even back then they thought P8 was a possibility.

In my last post I said I WOULD HAVE included Hamilton.... as I thought he did indeed put in a great performance to recover the places he lost, I have always called out Big Lips Max when he is in the wrong also, had I been in chat I wouldve commented about Max throwing his toys out over team radio also.....he gives me the hump every bit as much as Lewis does.

I havent had a chance to rewatch the LH/Kmag incident but from what I did see first time round, I thought it was a racing incident whith neither driver doing anything overly stupid, Lewis on the slower tyre on the inside, Kmag on the red tyre having a better run and trying his luck around the outside, I may change my mind after rewatching but for now, for me it was 50/50, a racing incident

You know me Neil, yes I am fond of sticking the boot in at any given oppertunity when Lewis is concerned but this is how I genuinely took each situation as I watched them played out yesterday evening.