F1 Banter Online Forums
2022 Spanish GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2022 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Thread: 2022 Spanish GP (/showthread.php?tid=818)

Pages: 1 2 3

2022 Spanish GP - NeilP - 14-05-2022

Into Europe we go for a brief period two Races' which will in no doubt bring us very very few highlights of actual racing. I do not mind Spain too much as part of me actually enjoys the  grind of the race.  Do not get me wrong I would not want all circuits to be like this but of all the less interesting racing tracks I like this one the most.

Pole will dominate.  Have we heard that before in Spain?  Well barring mistakes and safety cars it is perhaps the biggest thing a driver can do to win a race before it starts here in Spain. Statement of the obvious.  Yes, but even more so here than most other places.

Thank goodness for the new regulations we will of course get to see a different Spain this year with loads of overtaking the same ole same ole. Sorry still wondering what all the fuss people keep making of these changes. Nothing has changed, absolutely nothing as far as racing is concerned.

I guess the biggest question I have myself is will Mercedes make any progress with their car. What I saw in Miami was confusing to say the least. Sometimes it looked better than previous races others it looked dire. 

I think as with pretty much every race so far it will be about Red Bull vs Ferrari. For me Red Bull have the better car.  If Leclerc is to win the WDC and Ferrari the constructors they need to make some moves that get them closer to Red Bull. The only cloud in Red Bulls season has been the reliability aspect and Ferrari cannot count on that to continue.

The enjoyability of the racing is no worse than last year unless like me you are a Hamilton and Mercedes fan and to be honest its brutal. I am still in shock at how bad the team got this car specification wrong.  I do not know much about the technical side of this sport but it seems to me to be a multiple combination of issues. I realize some of them if not most or all of them are inter-related but there is no hiding the engine is way down on power compared to Ferrari and especially Red Bull. I would like many enjoy a three way fight as this would make things more interesting but I dont see that happening any time soon.

Even though Forza revoked my Tifosi privileges I will be rooting hard for LeClerc and Sainz

Forza Ferrari....... Sad

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - forzaferrari - 19-05-2022

Aston Martin looks completely different

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - forzaferrari - 20-05-2022

Was free practice 1 always this late in the day (12:30) in Europe?.......maybe Im losing the plot but I thought, even with the hour time difference the session started earlier, around 10am UK time?

Seems to be a great turn-out of fans at the circuit this weekend!

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - PapaofGags - 20-05-2022

(20-05-2022, 08:35 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Was free practice 1 always this late in the day (12:30) in Europe?.......maybe Im losing the plot but I thought, even with the hour time difference the session started earlier, around 10am UK time?

Yeah took me by surprise as well.

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - NeilP - 20-05-2022

I am in Chat for FP2 if anyone else figures to Chat

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - NeilP - 20-05-2022

Some interesting details contained below. Worth a read I think....

NeilP: Binotto makes an appearance on Sky...awesome please no poison dwarf this weekend!~!!
(11:26:42) NeilP: Everyone just switching to Softs and Verstappen put is blistering time 6ths faster.
(11:27:49) NeilP: Sainz goes 16 Thousanths of a second faster seems he kept his tyres for the latter part of the lap.
(11:28:51) NeilP: Waiting for Mercedes soft run but it looks like a 2 horse race again this weekend
(11:29:53) NeilP: Perez 8 teths back from Verstappen. But its okay for him I guess It was too much for Gasly and Albon but okay for Perez
(11:30:22) NeilP: Ferrari driverrs protecting their tryres in the early part of the fast lap
(11:31:04) NeilP: Leclerc goes 3 tenths fastest with a hugely impressive middle and final sector
(11:35:54) NeilP: Russell goes 2nd just 0.117 behind Leclerc
(11:37:00) NeilP: Hamilton goes third less than a tenth behind Russell. Better from Mercedes but so many unknowns
(11:39:07) NeilP: McLaren struggling new floor for Norris but he has been off twice (Nothing too big) and apparently they are now upgrading Ricciardo's car with a new floor now.
(11:40:03) NeilP: Red Bull and Ferrari just about to set off and a second timed fast lap. I bet it was Track evolution that impressed for Mercedes we shall soon see.
(11:43:36) NeilP: Talk about the cost cap is by mid season teams will no longer be able to bring large upgrades and will have to prioritize on small gains. Way to go Liberty cut the nuts off the sport.
(11:44:16) NeilP: LeClerc is actually out of Mediums so going long run I assume
(11:45:21) NeilP: There seems to be some real concern about teams who have accidents during the season may struggle with replacement parts....OMG what a damn mess that could be
(11:53:27) NeilP: Straight line speeds has Russell 1 and Hamilton 2. New engines for the Mercedes boys this weekend
(11:54:18) NeilP: Leclerc struggling after just 8 laps on Mediums on his long runs. High Deg being reported maybe this could go from a two stop to a three stop.
(12:00:17) NeilP: Everyone out for a last run on softs with just mere minutes to go
(12:03:07) NeilP: Nope the data screen was wrong nobody going for a fast run except Perez who promptly goes off track and into the gravel. No damage and he is back off again.

I still think its a two horse race Ferrari and Red Bull I get the feeling Red Bull have a lot more to come.

(20-05-2022, 04:01 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I am in Chat for FP2 if anyone else figures to Chat

RE: 2022 Spanish GP - pennywise - 20-05-2022

(20-05-2022, 05:44 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(20-05-2022, 04:01 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I am in Chat for FP2 if anyone else figures to Chat

Snubbed/blanked/Ignored/dodged/Elbowed....take your pick m8.

Looks that way mate, bloody yanks!