F1 Banter Online Forums
2022 Emilia Romagna GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2022 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Thread: 2022 Emilia Romagna GP (/showthread.php?tid=811)

Pages: 1 2 3

2022 Emilia Romagna GP - NeilP - 17-04-2022

Welcome to race number 4 on the 2022 calendar.

This is to Ferrari what Red Bull Ring is to Red Bull Racing, well almost.

According to Wikipedia Emilia Romagna is one of the wealthiest places not just in Italy but in the whole of Europe. I would think you could make a solid argument for it being the World center for exotic and Supercar manufacturers and as besides Ferrari it is home to Lamborghini, Pagani, Maserati, De Tomaso and has Dallara and Ducati in tow too.

To many, myself included the named Emilia Romagna F1 GP meant nothing to me until I realised (albeit some time ago now) it was really better known as Imola.  The circuit is best remembered by me as the place Ayrton Senna and the lesser known Roland Ratzenberger both lost their lives back in 1994 when called the San Marino GP.

The circuit hosted F1 racing in 2020 and 2021 when they were won by Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen respectively.

This year will see the first of the Sprint races held here which to my mind are a complete waste of time and money but I think will in all probability be the future of F1 Grand Prix meetings.

I think home field advantage will be with Ferrari their car looks the best alround machine right now. Red Bull maybe faster especially in the hands of the current world Champion***  (Bare with me I am getting there) but reliability seems to be a big issue.  Both Championships look to be a two horse race right now between Ferrari and Red Bull. I saw a headline somewhere today where Toto Wolff wants to see a clean start to F1, I did not read it but even as a Mercedes and Hamilton fan my first and so far only thought was just shut up it just comes over as being a bad loser which he may well be.  Mercedes oh how the mighty have fallen not only does their car imitate a dolphin on speed (Pun intended) it seems to lack a lot of power too.

Just as in previous seasons the midfield battle is close, closer than the first 4 cars are thats for sure. Following may be easier but overtaking is proving just as difficult to do. To see F1 cars slowing down when approaching a DRS zone is embarrassing.  Lots of clown shows in this circus.

Not sure Sainz is in wingman territory yet and I hope he is not reduced to that role by Ferrari. I wonder if Perez wins this week and Verstappen fails to finish if he will be a good wingman for Perez, maybe not.

Not sure if anyone is bringing any major upgrades to this race I suspect not. It was hugely disappointing to see how few spares both Williams and Haas had for their cars last race, not sure this cost saving plan by Liberty is doing them any favours and we are not even 20% through the season yet.

My Ferrari Polo shirt arrived this week but I have to send it back I have put so much weight on lately it does not fit but I am not sure I can buy a XXXXXXXX/L. It may have to be a special order.

RE: 2022 Emilia Romagna GP - PapaofGags - 17-04-2022

(17-04-2022, 05:16 AM)NeilP Wrote:  I wonder if Perez wins this week and Verstappen fails to finish if he will be a good wingman for Perez, maybe not.

Nice post mate.

Oh how I would like to be a fly on the wall If this conversation came up.....    Laughing

RE: 2022 Emilia Romagna GP - forzaferrari - 17-04-2022

(17-04-2022, 05:16 AM)NeilP Wrote:  My Ferrari Polo shirt arrived this week but I have to send it back I have put so much weight on lately it does not fit but I am not sure I can buy a XXXXXXXX/L. It may have to be a special order.

Great to hear you have finally come to your senses Neil, as a token of appreciation I have contacted HQ regarding your special order.......the chest panel has already been printed and currently (see live cctv footage below) being hand delivered to the assembly department  Tongue

RE: 2022 Emilia Romagna GP - NeilP - 18-04-2022

LMAO.

I truly appreciate your help Forza.

RE: 2022 Emilia Romagna GP - forzaferrari - 19-04-2022

RE: 2022 Emilia Romagna GP - NeilP - 19-04-2022

Fingers crossed for a wet race.

RE: 2022 Emilia Romagna GP - forzaferrari - 19-04-2022

(19-04-2022, 07:22 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Fingers crossed for a wet race.

Race`s Neil, dont forget we have a sprint race also Laughing Laughing Laughing

RE: 2022 Emilia Romagna GP - PapaofGags - 21-04-2022

The FIA has been forced to revise its strategy regarding tyre warm-up ahead of first practice for the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix on Friday.

F1 has enjoyed sweltering temperatures over the first three races of this season in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Australia.

But on its return to Europe in Imola, it has been greeted with either rain or drizzle at times, grey skies and chilly temperatures of 13 degrees.

Further rain is forecast on Friday for FP1 and potentially for F1's first sprint race later in the day, with peak temperature again set for just 13.

The cool, damp weather has prompted the FIA to make changes given the forecast.

A note to the teams from FIA race director Niels Wittich states that "...competitors will be permitted to leave their tyres wrapped in blankets and heating to a maximum temperature of 30°C throughout the night in order to minimise any issues relating to the colder overnight ambient temperatures".

RE: 2022 Emilia Romagna GP - forzaferrari - 22-04-2022

Team upgrades according to Amus

Mercedes: Sidepod Inlet, Diffuser, Rear Corner Deflector
Red Bull: Splitter wing, Rear Brake Cooling
Ferrari: nothing
McLaren: Beam Wing
Alpine: Floor Edge, Beam Wing
Alpha Tauri: Floor Edge & Fences, Diffuser, Front Brake Duct
Aston Martin: Halo Vane, Mirror Vane, Floor Mounting
Williams: Rear Wing, Front Suspension, Front Brake Duct
Alfa Romeo: Floor, Engine Cover, Rear Suspension
Haas: Floor Edge

PU changes for Ocon and Sainz

RE: 2022 Emilia Romagna GP - PapaofGags - 22-04-2022

(22-04-2022, 11:31 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Team upgrades according to Amus

Ferrari: nothing

Say's it all that's some weapon Ferrari have built, Kudos.

I'm a bit surprised how many teams have brought upgrades on a sprint race weekend, needs must I suppose.