F1 Banter Online Forums
2021 British GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2021 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: 2021 British GP (/showthread.php?tid=752)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

2021 British GP - NeilP - 06-07-2021

Always my favourite race on the F1 schedule, closely followed by Suzuka.

Many are in agreement if Hamilton especially but also Mercedes as a team do not win this race the season is over with Red Bull winning both titles.  About a week ago I disagreed saying it was too early but with what has transpired and also the comments being made by various sources I think I am onboard with that statement.

If it was a standard format weekend I would still fancy Hamilton to win, the lift and inspiration of a home GP and his record there would have had me solidly thinking Hamilton would win.  With the change in format I am not so sure.  My gut feeling says its another Verstappen win but that could also be the pessimist in me.

Regardless of my personal support I am looking forward to a great race.  I think it will still be close up front certainly closer than the last two races and I think the whole top 10/12 cars will be battling out for a points finish. Yes I expect Red Bull and Mercedes cars to lead the way but who can write off McLaren and in particular Norris after his exploits last weekend.  Hoping to see Forza's team get up and among the leaders the battle for third has certainly moved in McLarens favour of late.

Would it be too much to hope for for George Russell and Williams to get a point. He has been outstanding this season again and I hope he can end that run of zero points for his current team.

Obviously I will watch the whole weekend (Time difference allowing from the USA) but like many I am hating this format change it is absolutely stupid and again as I point out so many times on here an "Americanisation" of the sport.  I live here, I love sport but in truth this country butchers pretty much every single sport it touches.

Before I sign off just a friendly reminder England play Pakistan at cricket in a one day game on both Thursday and Saturday, I did not want anyone to miss that and of course its one sport America cannot screw with (Thank goodness)

RE: 2021 British GP - forzaferrari - 06-07-2021

(06-07-2021, 04:27 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Before I sign off just a friendly reminder England play Pakistan at cricket in a one day game on both Thursday and Saturday, I did not want anyone to miss that and of course its one sport America cannot screw with (Thank goodness)

Is the England crickety teamy people in Aran jumpers not locked away in isolation?.....I could be wrong as the merest mention of the "game" (term used very loosely) always sends me into a coma, so I may have misheard on the news.

"its one sport America cannot screw with" ......USA sporting body "hold my 4 kilo cheeseburger with extra bacon and quadruple side of fries"  Big Grin

Joking aside, I too look forward to this round and also think it will be much tighter at the top with Sir Bellend coming out on top. Not too sure how the red team will fare here, hopefully they can qualify better this round and take the fight to Mclaren during the race.

RE: 2021 British GP - NeilP - 06-07-2021

Yes the squad has been decimated by Covid -19 and lots of replacements brought in. Good job Morini is absent he would be shooting us with live bullets for going off stream here Forza. I blame you... as always.

In 20 years I have still not got used to portion sizes here (Probably why I am so fat and overweight! - but working on it).

Have you got any insight to Ferraris upcoming performance here or are you just going to bask in Mercedes misery Smile

RE: 2021 British GP - forzaferrari - 06-07-2021

(06-07-2021, 06:41 PM)NeilP Wrote:    Good job Morini is absent he would be shooting us with live bullets for going off stream here Forza. 

Dont sweat it buddy, Morini is on his holidays and has left Papa in charge......we can always blame him  Tongue

RE: 2021 British GP - NeilP - 06-07-2021

(06-07-2021, 06:44 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(06-07-2021, 06:41 PM)NeilP Wrote:    Good job Morini is absent he would be shooting us with live bullets for going off stream here Forza. 

Dont sweat it buddy, Morini is on his holidays and has left Papa in charge......we can always blame him  Tongue

OMG, PAPA in charge!!!!!

That sounds like placing an inmate in charge of the assylum.

Does that mean we all get free Flap Jacks with every post?

I mean forget Brexit I cannot wait to see what trade deal Anti and Papa come up with in their new venture.

RE: 2021 British GP - PapaofGags - 06-07-2021

(06-07-2021, 06:52 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(06-07-2021, 06:44 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  

OMG, PAPA in charge!!!!!

That sounds like placing an inmate in charge of the assylum.

Does that mean we all get free Flap Jacks with every post?

I mean forget Brexit I cannot wait to see what trade deal Anti and Papa come up with in their new venture.

Ooooo No, with my tech skilz lads.....  anyway I've always had a Iffy relationship with Authority.     Wink

Thank's for your confidence Neil lol, quote Pink Floyd > "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the
most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."      Tongue

Now this is a rule I think could work be fun for me, just imagining Banter mates face planted on their keyboards, dribbling, sleeping like babies, waking up & eating the entire weeks months shopping, I'd also like to see the look on the Boss of the house's face after finding you Hehe   Big Grin

Thing is I'm getting a bit worried about Anti, he went to see his connection in the Docks, been very quiet since, rather hoping he's not been nicked by the rozzers before we've even put a run together, no profit in any business matches the import/export of........ *insert word*       Shutup    

<hoping this is seen as humor>   

Getting migrants to carry across in rubber Dinghies is all well & good but containers is when the mega profit is.

Wonder if I should call Anti a lawyer?       Laughing

RE: 2021 British GP - Antilochos - 07-07-2021

Sorry Papa, lost the whole container in Rotterdam. No humour in that since it was pretty good stuff.
So, back to dinghies again...

No lawyer needed when I'm the devil's advocate myself. And still in Rotterdam, the legal system here is quite understanding about these sort of things.

RE: 2021 British GP - PapaofGags - 07-07-2021

(07-07-2021, 11:20 AM)Antilochos Wrote:  Sorry Papa, lost the whole container in Rotterdam. No humour in that since it was pretty good stuff.
So, back to dinghies again...

No lawyer needed when I'm the devil's advocate myself. And still in Rotterdam, the legal system here is quite understanding about these sort of things.

Nice one for joining in, made us laugh mate.   Big Grin

RE: 2021 British GP - Antilochos - 07-07-2021

Well Papa, since you are in charge now of this place, I better suck up to you.

RE: 2021 British GP - PapaofGags - 08-07-2021

(07-07-2021, 07:09 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Well Papa, since you are in charge now of this place, I better suck up to you.

Me?... in charge?... PMSL...     Laughing

Quote Clint Eastwood "a mans got to know his limitations"   Wink  

Quote our mate Neil "That sounds like placing an inmate in charge of the asylum."   Tongue

Now should a container become available...   Big Grin