F1 Banter Online Forums
2021 Styrian GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2021 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: 2021 Styrian GP (/showthread.php?tid=750)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

2021 Styrian GP - forzaferrari - 23-06-2021

According to SkyF1........

Just about every weather app gives dry though

RE: 2021 Styrian GP - forzaferrari - 23-06-2021

Sausage kerbs removed and gravel laid between T6 & 7

RE: 2021 Styrian GP - Antilochos - 23-06-2021

Looking interesting. Can't wait.

So, who is favourite for the win? Red Bull / Verstappen or Mercedes / Hamilton?

I think by now Red Bull has come that close to Mercedes, both cars are equally fast (just on different spots on the track) and both drivers are equally good (might even give Verstappen the edge, but it really is impossible to tell).
Red Bull / Verstappen clearly have the better teammate, so there is a plus for them.
Also Red Bull just seems more scrappy and focussed as a whole, which tends me to give them the edge over Mercedes.

Although Mercedes / Hamilton is a mighty fine and strong combination, I see Red Bull / Verstappen as the favourite going into this next race.
But it is very close and everything can happen.

And then the rest of the field. McLaren vs Ferrari, Gasly getting in there, maybe Alonso and Vettel get a good strategy and run. Above all the change of rain. Good stuff.

Again, looking very interesting and can't wait.

RE: 2021 Styrian GP - forzaferrari - 23-06-2021

Im not too sure who will come out top this round........which is great & something I havent said in a few years, Lewis has been on record saying he fears Red Bull will be too strong at this power hungry track, that may well be the case but he`s like the little boy who cried wolff (see what I done there).......he has been spouting the same crap for years, whiich ever way it goes and who ever wins I dont mind so long as they have to work for it just like last week.

RE: 2021 Styrian GP - Monster Hesh - 23-06-2021

Removal of kerbs but narrow of green patch, kerb and green patch look less than a cars width. Meaning over the line, they are dippin the gravel. Perfect.

RE: 2021 Styrian GP - PapaofGags - 23-06-2021

(23-06-2021, 06:19 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Sausage kerbs removed and gravel laid between T6 & 7
(23-06-2021, 07:16 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Meaning over the line, they are dippin the gravel. Perfect.

Haha us petrol heads getting excited over gravel!      Big Grin

Now they just need to buy all the sand/gravel in Saudi to sort out Paul Ricard.     Wink

Really hoping for rain this week.     Cool

RE: 2021 Styrian GP - NeilP - 23-06-2021

You have to make Red Bull favourites next two races not only do they have the better car this is their home track. I think the best Hamilton can hope for is to split the Red Bulls.

I do not see Bottas finishing ahead of Perez either. Mercedes are just going to have to suck it up and do the best they can. Overtaking here is tough at the best of times. Mistakes and strategy are Mercedes best friends methinks but its them making all the mistakes right now.

Pole is going to be everything.

RE: 2021 Styrian GP - forzaferrari - 25-06-2021

I missed fp2.......what happened to VB here then?.......surely thats another slam dunk penalty coming his way?........an out of crontrol f1 car is waaaaay more dangerous than a loose wheel.......maybe that should be the next fia directive....thou shalt not spin in the pit lane Wink

https://twitter.com/i/status/1408425661652471812

edit: just catching up and seen he has been handed a 3 place grid drop

RE: 2021 Styrian GP - Monster Hesh - 25-06-2021

(25-06-2021, 06:05 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  https://twitter.com/i/status/1408425661652471812
 Yeaya....smooth.....Seriously though, perhaps some dangerous play from Merc.

Dont think we want any rain, some close times. 
But! always the case with this short simple track.

RE: 2021 Styrian GP - PapaofGags - 25-06-2021

Billy Monger has tested positive for COVID-19, and will not be part of Channel 4’s Formula 1 or W Series coverage this weekend, Motorsport Broadcasting has learnt.

Monger’s positive test has forced most of Channel 4’s team out in Austria, including presenter Steve Jones and lead commentator Alex Jacques to isolate.

Neither Jacques, Jones or Monger will be part of the broadcaster’s offering this weekend, significantly impacting both their F1 and W Series broadcasts.

Whisper, who produce Channel 4’s F1 programming, have confirmed that Ben Edwards will be lead commentator for Channel 4’s broadcasts across both series commentating off-site from the UK alongside David Coulthard.

It is the third time Edwards has stepped back into the commentary box this season, following two F1 outings with BBC Radio 5 Live.

With Jones also absent, Coulthard and Mark Webber will present Channel 4’s F1 output for the Styrian race weekend, while Naomi Schiff will present the W Series programming.

A Whisper spokesperson said “Whisper can confirm that a member its production team has tested positive for Covid-19 since arriving in Austria ahead of the Formula One event and W Series event this weekend.”

“Whisper produces the W Series Host Broadcast and highlights of F1 for Channel 4. As a result, some of the Whisper production team are now isolating, in line with FIA protocol until further notice.”

“Ben Edwards and David Coulthard will commentate on today’s W Series Qualifying. They will also commentate on tomorrow’s W Series Race. The show will be presented by Naomi Schiff.”

“The Channel 4 Austrian GP Formula One highlight shows will be presented by David Coulthard and Mark Webber. Commentary for both Qualifying and the Race will be completed by Ben Edwards and David.”

Both Whisper and Channel 4 independently said “As soon as we were made aware this team member was feeling unwell, precautions were taken immediately to isolate both him and any people who may have come into contact with him and we are undertaking all necessary measures to ensure everyone’s safety and well-being.”