F1 Banter Online Forums
2021 Azerbaijan GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2021 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: 2021 Azerbaijan GP (/showthread.php?tid=745)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - PapaofGags - 07-06-2021

"It's been emotional" -- Big Chris : Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels - YouTube   (7s)

What a weird race.   Wink 

First, thankfully Lance & Max walked away.

Max was robbed, he should have taken 10pts over Lewis, drove faultlessly & had a win taken away by the racing God's.

Big congrats to Checo, his first win for Red Bull, something none of the young guns could manage, holding off Lewis for lap after lap showed maturity & class, we were very happy for him, expect a contract extension very soon.

Sebastian....... my DOTD narrowly beating Checo, what a turnaround, is this the revival or track specific, I don't now but I thought this was his best drive since I cant remember when, congrats.

Pierre gets another podium, making a habit of it now, enjoyed his fight with CLK, sure other teams are keeping an eye on him.

Lewis....... well one thing is guaranteed, he wont be hitting the "magic" button by accident again!   Cry

Plonker    Shutup

Still it evened out the bad luck Max had & the WDC is still close so cant be that unhappy as we still have a fight on our hands.

With Checo getting comfortable Valtteri better pull his thumb out of his butt or the WCC will go to Red Bull.

R.I.P. Mansour Ojjeh.

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - forzaferrari - 07-06-2021

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - NeilP - 07-06-2021

(07-06-2021, 01:13 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "It's been emotional" -- Big Chris : Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels - YouTube   (7s)

What a weird race.   Wink 

First, thankfully Lance & Max walked away.

Max was robbed, he should have taken 10pts over Lewis, drove faultlessly & had a win taken away by the racing God's.

Big congrats to Checo, his first win for Red Bull, something none of the young guns could manage, holding off Lewis for lap after lap showed maturity & class, we were very happy for him, expect a contract extension very soon.

Sebastian....... my DOTD narrowly beating Checo, what a turnaround, is this the revival or track specific, I don't now but I thought this was his best drive since I cant remember when, congrats.

Pierre gets another podium, making a habit of it now, enjoyed his fight with CLK, sure other teams are keeping an eye on him.

Lewis....... well one thing is guaranteed, he wont be hitting the "magic" button by accident again!   Cry

Plonker    Shutup

Still it evened out the bad luck Max had & the WDC is still close so cant be that unhappy as we still have a fight on our hands.

With Checo getting comfortable Valtteri better pull his thumb out of his butt or the WCC will go to Red Bull.

R.I.P. Mansour Ojjeh.

Good post Papa agree with all you said.

I am on the fence about Hamiltons pressing a 'magic' button by mistake. If forced to make a call and come down on one side or the other I call BS on that.

Although I am a huge Hamilton fan (although not quite as obsessively as Forza) I call things as I see them and frankly he went for the Hero and Ego move at the start.  I totally get that he is never one to settle for second place and I admire that about him but given the circumstances even going for it was a poor decision in my book.  I think he would have stood every chance of getting Perez on the home straight on the last lap and that presented the safest way to finish the race.

To me I think the Mercedes was far and away the fastest car on those straights.  In the tow and without DRS it closing speed was much faster than anyone else but Red Bull had a better whole track car. Jody pointed out in S2 the Red Bull was so much superior to the Mercedes.

So Bottas was compromised in qualifying but to the tune of 10th place. No, not buying that at all. The guy is blown out, he is done. He will possibly cost Mercedes the WCC this year if he does not improve. Russell is in that car next year for sure.

Pirelli need some competition for the tyre contract I have said this countless times it seems to me the whole race is about Pirelli and their goddam tyres. Screw them move on.  Until these guys can race flat out for the whole race any talk about Aero and engine differential is meaningless to me. It is tyre performance that is stopping racing right now.

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - forzaferrari - 08-06-2021

Made me titter  Tongue

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - PapaofGags - 08-06-2021

PMSL...    Laughing   Laughing   Laughing

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - Monster Hesh - 08-06-2021

Memes a plenty, always is after a visit to Baku.

Echo everyones posts to cover the key points of the race, some great shows from several drivers. Great for fans to see a podium like that!

Its good that tyre blowouts havent affect the championship again (yet). Like Lewis last lap failure in Silverstone last year. He deservedly got the win there, and he kindly decided not to score this year in Baku. (apologies, my mind is a blank if there were other tyre failures, im sure there was in other previous years, but i cant be arsed looking into it, lol)

Redbull sure acted quick with the rear wing stiffening fix.

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - Antilochos - 08-06-2021

(08-06-2021, 07:08 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Memes a plenty, always is after a visit to Baku.

Echo everyones posts to cover the key points of the race, some great shows from several drivers. Great for fans to see a podium like that!

Its good that tyre blowouts havent affect the championship again (yet). Like Lewis last lap failure in Silverstone last year. He deservedly got the win there, and he kindly decided not to score this year in Baku. (apologies, my mind is a blank if there were other tyre failures, im sure there was in other previous years, but i cant be arsed looking into it, lol)

Redbull sure acted quick with the rear wing stiffening fix.

Actually the tyre blowup did effect the championship; at that point Verstappen would go from a 4 point advantage to 15 point advantage. Hamilton made a huge mistake and still got away better.

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - forzaferrari - 10-06-2021

Mercedes to make change to 'brake magic' button after Lewis Hamilton's Azerbaijan GP woe

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24181/12329020/mercedes-to-make-change-to-brake-magic-button-after-lewis-hamiltons-azerbaijan-gp-woe

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - forzaferrari - 15-06-2021

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - PapaofGags - 16-06-2021

^^^    Shutup

Shaggy - It Wasn't me (short version) - YouTube   (20s)

Winkblink