F1 Banter Online Forums
2021 Azerbaijan GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2021 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: 2021 Azerbaijan GP (/showthread.php?tid=745)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

2021 Azerbaijan GP - NeilP - 29-05-2021

I look forward to this as a vast improvement over Monaco but in truth they have similar traits. Overtaking opportunities are better and more numerous but it is still a tough track apart from the longest straight on the F1 calendar.

Lots of talk about wings pre race I hope we do not get the stewards too involved on deciding outcomes here, let it be settled on track.  For me the interesting thing to observe will be the flat out speeds of the cars.  My instincts (which are wrong more often than they are right) tells me Mercedes will be the faster car although from what I read many are saying Red Bull with their aero will be the choice.

Is it truly coincidence that Red Bulls sales line is "It gives you wings".  That said can you believe they have lost yet another court case which is going to cost them millions because consumers are complaining that after drinking the beverage they have not shown any ability to grow wings.  This is the brave new world we live in today. Makes me puke.

My favourite Azerbaijan GP Memory was seeing Danny Ricciardo and Max Verstappen take each other out (well I am being kind it was Maxs fault in my book). We have had many memorable moments it its short history. Who can forget Vettel deciding to play bumper cars with Hamilton. Bottas getting a puncture when it seemed certain he would win. Perez and Ocon coming together more than an AA meeting.

After that last race I think I could get excited about pretty much any race venue.

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - forzaferrari - 01-06-2021

I dont mind this circuit, as far as street races go this is by far the best we have had over the years

edit.......and just because you enjoyed it so much https://twitter.com/i/status/1399733472298684420

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - Monster Hesh - 02-06-2021

One my faves to drive in the F1 game. Its 90 deg corners suit a controller nicely meaning you can close the enormous gap to pro wheelers. We'll i could in the 2017 game after owning it for a while, struggled more so during a 2020 free weekend recently...

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - pennywise - 02-06-2021

I like this track...always seems to deliver a bit of drama....it has enough places to pass but also some really tricky places to navigate your car through.....just as CLC found out a few years ago when he was looking like the pole sitter before planting his Ferrari into the wall at the chicane.

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - Monster Hesh - 03-06-2021

(02-06-2021, 05:59 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  One my faves to drive in the F1 game. Its 90 deg corners suit a controller nicely meaning you can close the enormous gap to pro wheelers. We'll i could in the 2017 game after owning it for a while, struggled more so during a 2020 free weekend recently...

From this I can relate to Alonso a little bit. In TT I went from 0.5-1s off genuine top time, to 3-4s, top 500 to top 25000 xD

Looking forward to praccy tomo, especially to see what the state of play in the mid-field is.

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - pennywise - 03-06-2021

(03-06-2021, 06:04 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  
(02-06-2021, 05:59 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  One my faves to drive in the F1 game. Its 90 deg corners suit a controller nicely meaning you can close the enormous gap to pro wheelers. We'll i could in the 2017 game after owning it for a while, struggled more so during a 2020 free weekend recently...

From this I can relate to Alonso a little bit. In TT I went from 0.5-1s off genuine top time, to 3-4s, top 500 to top 25000 xD

Looking forward to praccy tomo, especially to see what the state of play in the mid-field is.

Do you play Gran Torismo Sport on the ps 4-5.....the Nurburg ring .....whats your User nae and ill give you a shout....i reckon we would be close on lap times.

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - Monster Hesh - 03-06-2021

(03-06-2021, 06:13 PM)pennywise Wrote:  

Do you play Gran Torismo Sport on the ps 4-5.....the Nurburg ring .....whats your User nae and ill give you a shout....i reckon we would be close on lap times.

Heshy is PC master race : P
Not got a PS. some friends do and one of them has a nice race wheel & chair, had a blast on the Ring with the Redbull concept thingy Xy something or other, killed it! he also has VR, I think only F1 Nurbring layout ang Monza were playable in VR, I gave them a go, really fun, once you reprogamme your mind to ignore the missing g-force, because it was a little nauseating at first.

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - pennywise - 03-06-2021

(03-06-2021, 07:18 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  
(03-06-2021, 06:13 PM)pennywise Wrote:  

Heshy is PC master race : P
Not got a PS. some friends do and one of them has a nice race wheel & chair, had a blast on the Ring with the Redbull concept thingy Xy something or other, killed it! he also has VR, I think only F1 Nurbring layout ang Monza were playable in VR, I gave them a go, really fun, once you reprogamme your mind to ignore the missing g-force, because it was a little nauseating at first.

I have the VR on the ps 4 and 5 ....the racing is unreal...you can see your feet on the pedals and cars out the side windows..pity you don't have as I would love to see how good you/me are...get your wallet out mate and purchase....lots of on line fun to be had

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - forzaferrari - 04-06-2021

Jeez its quiet on here, second race weekend on the bounce its been a ghost town Sad

Interesting to see Mercs rear wing flexing every bit as much as the RBR here.. https://twitter.com/i/status/1400768521605419009

RE: 2021 Azerbaijan GP - PapaofGags - 04-06-2021

(04-06-2021, 10:39 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
Interesting to see Mercs rear wing flexing every bit as much as the RBR here.. https://twitter.com/i/status/1400768521605419009

How much would you like to be a fly on the wall when Toto see's this, with McLaren wanting to ban the rear wings the chat between Toto & Andreas will also be..... interesting.   Wink