F1 Banter Online Forums
2020 Spanish GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2020 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Thread: 2020 Spanish GP (/showthread.php?tid=667)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: 2020 Spanish GP - morini - 15-08-2020

(15-08-2020, 12:33 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Could well be.....but if(?) the fia have requested the info, why now?

Because Liberty Media are forcing the FIA to slow the fastest team down. As simple as that. No team can live with them so it's obvious they are doing something wrong.

Liberty Media are the worst thing to ever happen to F1. And the FIA are just puppets.

(15-08-2020, 12:34 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  Anyone else listening to Sky and thinking it is good to have Rosberg giving Crofty grief about his twaddle and non-F1 shite and talking more about the reasons for things happening on track? Even the other presenters are egging Rosberg on....

I watched P3 with the sound off.

RE: 2020 Spanish GP - forzaferrari - 15-08-2020

(15-08-2020, 12:37 PM)morini Wrote:  Because Liberty Media are forcing the FIA to slow the fastest team down. As simple as that. No team can live with them so it's obvious they are doing something wrong.

Liberty Media are the worst thing to ever happen to F1. And the FIA are just puppets.

Dont recall the same being said when Ferrari got pulled up for it......or was that cause we have form?  Tongue Devil Laughing

RE: 2020 Spanish GP - Jody Barton - 15-08-2020

Well we'll see. Mercedes engines have been raked over since 2014. The irony being that the Merc engines have been reviewed more than any other engine, so if they've been doing a naughty then it'll be deeply embarrassing to all concerned. You'd have to hope it's Mercedes cheating, because if it is Ferrari (heaven forbid), Honda or Renault it'll be very, very grim.

RE: 2020 Spanish GP - forzaferrari - 15-08-2020

(15-08-2020, 12:44 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:   because if it is Ferrari (heaven forbid), Honda or Renault it'll be very, very grim.

Oi, I`ll have you know the Fiat 500 engines we are now using are 100% legal!

Interestingly if we're talking whistleblowers... Well Racing Point have recently acquired some former Renault guys. Obviously a big wig has left Mercedes, and when you have whistleblowers it's normally when people have left teams.

(15-08-2020, 12:42 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Dont recall the same being said when Ferrari got pulled up for it......or was that cause we have form?  Tongue Devil Laughing

Yes, your lot do have form it has to be said, it's clear Ferrari were cheating last year. I didn't say it at the time, gave them the benefit of the doubt when they were suddenly the best PU on the grid. But the fact is the FIA have kept all the details of that situation behind closed doors. So, how can us fans trust anything the FIA say or do from now on?

F1 has always been corrupt, but now we have a sudden out of nowhere (not confirmed anywhere reliable that I can see) rumour that Mercedes are cheating. I'll ask you, why would they need to? This year they have a much, much better car (not just engine) than the rest of the field. The competition should just suck it up and do better.

I'll tell you what though, even if the FIA do somehow manage to cripple Mercedes this year I would still put money on them beating everyone else.

(15-08-2020, 12:44 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well we'll see. Mercedes engines have been raked over since 2014. The irony being that the Merc engines have been reviewed more than any other engine, so if they've been doing a naughty then it'll be deeply embarrassing to all concerned. You'd have to hope it's Mercedes cheating, because if it is Ferrari (heaven forbid), Honda or Renault it'll be very, very grim.

As I say above, I see no reason for Mercedes to cheat. It's all rumour as far as I can see anyway.

Sorry Forza, didn't mean to besmirch Ferrari, but if it is Ferrari again it'd deeply upset me. I don't like seeing where they are as a team, doesn't feel right. We know they've at the very least bent the rules, so in pursuit of speed I wouldn't be surprised if another engine manufacturer has been tempted. Obviously all eyes will be on Mercedes given the performance gap they have, they just look like the obvious culprits if one of them have been doing a naughty. Doesn't mean it is Mercedes, or that any of them have been doing a naughty, but if they have a whistleblower then yeah, someone's in trouble most likely.

RE: 2020 Spanish GP - PaddyB - 15-08-2020

(15-08-2020, 12:48 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Interestingly if we're talking whistleblowers... Well Racing Point have recently acquired some former Renault guys. Obviously a big wig has left Mercedes, and when you have whistleblowers it's normally when people have left teams.

Personal view -