F1 Banter Online Forums
2020 Spanish GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2020 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Thread: 2020 Spanish GP (/showthread.php?tid=667)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: 2020 Spanish GP - Jody Barton - 15-08-2020

Wow, it was good enough.

RE: 2020 Spanish GP - Antilochos - 15-08-2020

Seems about right that top 10.

Okay, are expecting something tomorrow?
I am afraid it looking like a boring race.

RE: 2020 Spanish GP - morini - 15-08-2020

So I called it right for a change. I wasn't 100% convinced though, VB is really quick here on Saturdays. However, Lewis doesn't like being unqualified at his good circuits.

(15-08-2020, 03:02 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Okay, are expecting something tomorrow?
I am afraid it looking like a boring race.

There's certainly going to be a lot of tyre management. But that's hardly the drivers fault. If there's no SC's it could e a pretty boring race.

Yeah, potentially a two stopper if there's no chance to save tyres / no safety cars early on. However, it could be dull if they can manage the pace. I hope Max gets the jump on Bottas actually because that might spice things up nicely. I think though, tyre wear depending, the winner will be whoever makes it through turns 1, 2, 3 and 4 in first place.

Well I guess I'll see you all tomorrow, I think I'll be rooting for Max again tomorrow, simply because I don't want Lewis having it all his own way this season. He already has a stupidly big advantage, don't want to see it get bigger.

RE: 2020 Spanish GP - Antilochos - 15-08-2020

(15-08-2020, 03:15 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah, potentially a two stopper if there's no chance to save tyres / no safety cars early on. However, it could be dull if they can manage the pace. I hope Max gets the jump on Bottas actually because that might spice things up nicely. I think though, tyre wear depending, the winner will be whoever makes it through turns 1, 2, 3 and 4 in first place.

Well I guess I'll see you all tomorrow, I think I'll be rooting for Max again tomorrow, simply because I don't want Lewis having it all his own way this season. He already has a stuidly big advantage, don't want to see it get bigger.
Slim change that Hamilton gets a challenge this year. That car is so much better than all others, there is nothing that Verstappen can do without anomalies like last week.
Then his only other competitor is his teammate and you know how I think about him; no challenge on Sunday whatsoever.

No, it was from the first race this season very clear for me who would win. Now, spot two and three are clear as well (Bottas will be second at end of season, Verstappen third). 
Spot number four is the one that I don't dare to gamble on.

Well if Lewis goes 5 and 1 in races to both Bottas and Vetstappen tomorrow it's pretty much over. We know how strong he is in both Spa and Monza, and given the pace of the Merc, and the presumably cooler temps I just can't see anything other than two Lewis wins, then we're half way through what is thought to be a 16/17 race season and he's already long gone and in cruise control.

(15-08-2020, 05:03 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well if Lewis goes 5 and 1 in races to both Bottas and Vetstappen tomorrow it's pretty much over. We know how strong he is in both Spa and Monza, and given the pace of the Merc, and the presumably cooler temps I just can't see anything other than two Lewis wins, then we're half way through what is thought to be a 16/17 race season and he's already long gone and in cruise control.

All other things being equal I think I'd agree. He already looks strong this year and it is hard to see past another WDC if he carries on with this form all the way through. However, anything can happen with respect to weird events, luck, unreliability, not getting the rub of the green etc. It's not over until the maths make it so. At the moment it isn't a huge lead, and we are only 5 races in.

However, 4 poles out of 6 and 3 wins (out of 5, not knowing tomorrows result yet) is a damn strong start by any standards. I wouldn't put a bet on against a LH WDC, put it that way.

Don't you mean 4 - 1, by the way? If (big "if" with these temps) LH wins tomorrow it will make it 4, 1, 1 in terms of wins for LH, VB, MV.

Nope I mean 5-1.

He's finished ahead of Max and Bottas 4 times so far, he's beaten Max in:

Austria, Styria, Hungary, Britain.

And 4 times ahead of Bottas at:

Styria, Hungary, Britain, 70th Anniversary

So if he wins tomorrow he's 5 - 1 up on both of them in terms of taking points out of them. Given his strength at Spa and Monza he could be looking at being two race wins clear by the halfway point in this very weird season. Nico Rosberg thinks Lewis set his car up for the race as well. Said his front was stiffer than Bottas' front, which kept his rears in play for S3 and should give him an advantage in keeping his tyres healthy. If it all plays out like that tomorrow then I guess it's even more impressive that he snook the pole.

(15-08-2020, 05:47 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Nope I mean 5-1.

He's finished ahead of Max and Bottas 4 times so far, he's beaten Max in:

Austria, Styria, Hungary, Britain.

And 4 times ahead of Bottas at:

Styria, Hungary, Britain, 70th Anniversary

Ah, yes. I see what you mean. I was thinking in terms of race wins rather than finishing ahead of main rivals. You are, of course, correct.

I still think tomorrow is not a foregone conclusion with the high temperature and obviously no hope of rain. I'm still not sure what's what with race pace from practice as the Mercedes boys went out on split strategies during the Friday P sessions. RBR sound bolshy and confident regarding Max's prospects, so I am expecting at least some sort of challenge.