F1 Banter Online Forums
2020 70th Anniversary GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2020 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Thread: 2020 70th Anniversary GP (/showthread.php?tid=661)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: 2020 70th Anniversary GP - PaddyB - 08-08-2020

(08-08-2020, 03:05 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I am shocked nobody signed Nico to a seat. To walk in off the street and perform like that is fantastic. Says a lot about Stroll for sure!

If RP end up with Vettel and Stroll next year that will be a waste. I think Hulk and Perez is a better line up.

RE: 2020 70th Anniversary GP - Jody Barton - 08-08-2020

I think Racing Aston Point Martin will end up with Vettel and Stroll. If Albon continues to stink up the second RBR seat with his mediocrity them I fully expect Gasly to get his second chance to stink it up. Although I'd personally bomb Kvyat out of Alpha Tauri and stick Gasly and Albon in the Alpha Tauri and put either Perez or Hulkenberg in the second car. They won't they'll pick Gasly or stick with Albon.

Great lap from Bottas today, but the star of Qualifying today is definitely Hulkenberg for me. Tomorrow will be interesting to see if Bottas can hold on for the win, and if Hulkenberg can maintain his third position. Max might go H,H,S tomorrow so if he gets a solid start he could finish really strongly.

RE: 2020 70th Anniversary GP - Monster Hesh - 08-08-2020

(08-08-2020, 03:12 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  
(08-08-2020, 03:05 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I am shocked nobody signed Nico to a seat. To walk in off the street and perform like that is fantastic. Says a lot about Stroll for sure!

If RP end up with Vettel and Stroll next year that will be a waste. I think Hulk and Perez is a better line up.

Hulk and Perez could line up once again at Haas.

RE: 2020 70th Anniversary GP - Jody Barton - 08-08-2020

Hesh, I think Magnusson has a shot at being retained. I do however think Grosjean, the cockroach of F1, because he just won't die, is gone. Realistically I think Kimi should be done as well. Kvyat would be gone if Red Bull had any decent juniors waiting in the wings.

RE: 2020 70th Anniversary GP - morini - 08-08-2020

Had to disappear after quali to cut the grass. Have to say though, it was a great session. Really enjoyed chatting to you lot while watching as well.

Well done Valtteri Bottas. Improved on the final lap (more than LH improved) on a harder tyre and under intense pressure. Class performance. Impressive!

RE: 2020 70th Anniversary GP - Antilochos - 08-08-2020

Just read an interview with Verstappen on his choice of tyres. Now, if any of you can help me answering a question I have.

Last week the falling apart of the tyre was a big surprise and issue.
This week, Pirelli made the tyres even softer. Like, the medium of last week is this weeks hard.
Why?
I would think go harder since this track is eating up rubber for breakfast. No, they make them even softer.

Why does Pirelli do these things?
How long will these tyres last tomorrow?

(08-08-2020, 09:27 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Just read an interview with Verstappen on his choice of tyres. Now, if any of you can help me answering a question I have.

Last week the falling apart of the tyre was a big surprise and issue.
This week, Pirelli made the tyres even softer. Like, the medium of last week is this weeks hard.
Why?
I would think go harder since this track is eating up rubber for breakfast. No, they make them even softer.

Why does Pirelli do these things?
How long will these tyres last tomorrow?

Well, last weekend the issues arose because of the second safety car. The whole field switched to the hard on lap 13 (which made for a very boring stint). That was quite early. I believe teams were looking to change medium -> hard at lap 18 or later under normal racing conditions.

So Max starts on Hard (last weeks medium) and he should easily be able to make lap 20ish (or more) if there are no early SC's. The other front runners are starting on mediums (last weeks softs) and they were not lasting all that well. Track has rubbered in a fair bit since then though. I'm not sure how long this weeks mediums will last, but it wil be a lot less than the tyres Max is starting on.

Advantage Max, unless there are early SC's. That's the way I'm seeing it anyway.

The question I have is if Mercedes decide to run fast and aggressive do they have enough to pass Max on the track? I don't really fancy VB's chances,but Lewis had great race pace and I think it will be interesting if he is up behind Max tomorrow.

RE: 2020 70th Anniversary GP - Antilochos - 08-08-2020

Thanks for the reply. It explains a bunch, but I still thought those tyres were dying quite fast. This weeks soft must be like pudding. We will see.

I think both Mercedes cars will drive off into the distance once again. Interesting if Bottas can keep Hamilton behind him. Not easy to overtake here, but Hamilton will put the pressure on Bottas for sure.

Verstappen will get a though start with the other drivers on medium, but he will get that third place in the end if nothing weird happens. His race pace is excellent, although I like seeing Hulkenberg in the Pink Mercedes to show us what that car is really capable of. 
I already enjoy the bunch of fights Ricciardo is going to have to keep that spot (he might attack for P4 in the first couple of laps but can never keep it with the Renault till the end).

(08-08-2020, 09:50 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Verstappen will get a though start with the other drivers on medium, but he will get that third place in the end if nothing weird happens. His race pace is excellent, although I like seeing Hulkenberg in the Pink Mercedes to show us what that car is really capable of. 
I already enjoy the bunch of fights Ricciardo is going to have to keep that spot (he might attack for P4 in the first couple of laps but can never keep it with the Renault till the end).

I wouldn't write off Max's chances at all. If the first stint is "normal" then I think he holds a good advantage. Both Mercedes will need to pass him on the track. Not easy, Max could win this race tomorrow.

RE: 2020 70th Anniversary GP - forzaferrari - 08-08-2020

I wont be online until 2moro eve, enjoy the racing guys!