F1 Banter Online Forums
Fighting the good fight - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Fighting the good fight (/showthread.php?tid=657)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Fighting the good fight - forzaferrari - 15-09-2020

(14-09-2020, 10:54 PM)NeilP Wrote:  EDIT: I would add that facts of this case are greatly disputed and that the police are guilty of breaking many laws and rules which include shooting Blind throw a curtained window

This is a more accurate version of events

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/us/breonna-taylor-police-shooting-invs/index.html

Cheers Neil, I had a read of that article. Like most subjects in life we all have our own views, I am still of the opinion this person was involved in criminality based on the facts, statements, transcripts, recordings & pictures put forward, I should add I have no great love for police in my own country yet alone elsewhere around the world so bias doesnt come into play, I have lived through the troubles/war/conflict call it what you will here in N.Ireland and seen first hand what bigotry & hatred can do on all sides.

Getting back to what this thread was originally about, what is your opinion on my previous post re D. Kvyat, if he decided to protest the poisoning of a Russian subject on the basis of human rights abuse should we paying customers be made to watch his pre race protest also?
And where do they draw the line?

RE: Fighting the good fight - morini - 15-09-2020

(15-09-2020, 10:19 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Cheers Neil, I had a read of that article. Like most subjects in life we all have our own views, I am still of the opinion this person was involved in criminality based on the facts, statements, transcripts, recordings & pictures put forward

I just read that article Neil posted. Apart from her crim boyfriend photographed collecting a package (not exactly incriminating) it makes no mention of any other incriminating evidence whatsoever. And the girls apartment was also drug free which for me seems unlikely if she was a part of a drugs ring. Even if she was involved in some way in her ex boyfriends criminal activities that is no justification for what the police did here.

Hamilton is doing the right thing in bringing this to his followers attention. But I reiterate my stance his communications should be via his own platform not formula 1 platform.

Answering your Kvyat question, no my answer is the same, he can communicate that via his own platform (if anyone follows him).

This version/ story is coming from a "news outlet", do the research yourself (if interested).... her name on a vehicle connected to homicide, packages (not just 1) seen leaving her house and directly taken to known dealing spots,  recordings of her being instructed by her ex boyfriend from inside prison... who to collect the money from and whom to pass it on to (with transcripts)....  photo`s of her in her car tracked to various trap houses, why she was no longer able to work as an emt, it goes on and on.....if what im telling you is true, does this sound like a modern day mother teresa?

Regardless of who was involved with what and who was guilty of what, we will never know ALL the facts, I still dont get why should this been brought to my/our sport and force fed to us.....thats my issue not the subject matter.

(15-09-2020, 10:54 AM)morini Wrote:  Hamilton is doing the right thing in bringing this to his followers attention. 

I would agree mate....if & when he has got his facts right and not going public with mis information.

Anyway Ive said my piece and wont be commenting further on the matter.

(15-09-2020, 11:32 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  if what im telling you is true, does this sound like a modern day mother teresa?

No, if what you say is all true she certainly deserved to be arrested and tried before her peers. She didn't deserve to be shot dead in her apartment.

It sounds like she wasn't completely innocent and I'm not sticking my neck out to defend her, but how confident are you that the reports and transcripts you are referring to are absolutely genuine? I assume this stuff came from social media? The non cynic in me would like to think if all of the information you have read (from whatever source) is true then it would eventually find its way to mainstream news outlets? The fact it hasn't suggests to me that it probably isn't 100% trustworthy.

(15-09-2020, 11:32 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(15-09-2020, 10:54 AM)morini Wrote:  Hamilton is doing the right thing in bringing this to his followers attention. 

I would agree mate....if & when he has got his facts right and not going public with mis information.

Well, the police shot an unarmed black woman and have walked away without answering to their actions. I now know that much is fact. I don't know about the rest of what you state and if all of that information it is accurate or not, but I would question if it is even relevant here.

Agree with not having this shoved down everyone's throats on the TV, but don't think you are right about Hamilton not going public. He absolutely should, though I wouldn't have even known about any of this until Hamiltons tweets / posts / whatever hit the mainstream press. Which in itself illustrates my earlier point that he "hit his target".

(15-09-2020, 11:32 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Anyway Ive said my piece and wont be commenting further on the matter.

This bit appeared while I was composing my last reply.

That's fair enough, we can leave it at that. I agree with you (partly) as I already said.

RE: Fighting the good fight - The Professor - 15-09-2020

(15-09-2020, 12:07 PM)morini Wrote:  Which in itself illustrates my earlier point that he "hit his target".

That was me.

(15-09-2020, 01:06 PM)The Professor Wrote:  That was me.

Ha! Sorry. You might have said it first, but I thunk it first Tongue

(14-09-2020, 04:57 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  FIA investigating Lewis Hamilton for Breonna Taylor T-shirt at Mugello

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12071770/fia-investigating-lewis-hamilton-for-breonna-taylor-t-shirt-at-mugello

Well, that turned out to be an exciting diversion didn't it?

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12072436/lewis-hamilton-formal-investigation-over-breonna-taylor-t-shirt-ruled-out

RE: Fighting the good fight - NeilP - 15-09-2020

"Getting back to what this thread was originally about, what is your opinion on my previous post re D. Kvyat, if he decided to protest the poisoning of a Russian subject on the basis of human rights abuse should we paying customers be made to watch his pre race protest also?
And where do they draw the line?"

Forza you make a valid point and if more or all 20 drivers wanted to promote their issues as Hamilton did it would become a joke.

That said your right as a paying customer to view what you want and what you want only is irrelevant here. (You know I am not picking on you Forza, you are fair game as a Ferrari fan but as an individual its a different ballgame). There is no specific agreement in any viewing contract about what you will and will not see. That is not to say it is not annoying to you but if you were to raise the issue you would be told then dont watch, go make a cup of tea or visit the loo!

If Daniil Kyvat raised the issue you relate to he would have more balls than all the world leaders who continually turn a blind eye to this disgraceful murderer who runs Russia. He would also potentially be signing his own death certificate.

As a one off situation and given the circumstances I do not have a problem with what is happening. I think in this thread we have locked in on the Breonna Taylor situation and as we can see so much conflicting reporting it is hard to know the truth. I would simply say this. She did not deserve to die as she did. The Police are culpable for what happened and attempted to cover it up. In the larger picture I understand what Hamilton was saying and he should really have made the issue a broader one such as Why are cops walking free after murdering so many Black people? (It could be worded a lot better but you get my point.)

This country has a lot of social issues, it is a mess and in general terms since Trumps was elected people are so much more aggressive and confrontational. Its horrible to witness!

(15-09-2020, 04:13 PM)NeilP Wrote:  That said your right as a paying customer to view what you want and what you want only is irrelevant here. (You know I am not picking on you Forza, you are fair game as a Ferrari fan but as an individual its a different ballgame). There is no specific agreement in any viewing contract about what you will and will not see.  That is not to say it is not annoying to you but if you were to raise the issue you would be told then dont watch, go make a cup of tea or visit the loo!

You are 100% right Neil, Sky do not give a monkeys about me, you or anyone else just how much we pay, I was making a general point about what I pay to watch.

The issue itself doesnt bother me one jot as I fully agree with the anti racism message like I have said many times right from the off, just making a point.

No harm, No foul.