F1 Banter Online Forums
Slow news month - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Slow news month (/showthread.php?tid=626)

RE: Slow news month - PapaofGags - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 07:35 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I was only on the wind up, 

wouldnt be the first time I have had to "make a few modifications" due to not reading the instructions and "knowing what I was doing"

Yeah me as well.

Honestly think anyone who says different is speaking with forked tongue, as a plumber I was taught the old measure thrice cut once, cant remember the amount of times I "cut a spare bit of pipe" then cut another to fit Hehe  Wink

RE: Slow news month - forzaferrari - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 07:43 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Yeah me as well.

Honestly think anyone who says different is speaking with forked tongue, as a plumber I was taught the old measure thrice cut once, cant remember the amount of times I "cut a spare bit of pipe" then cut another to fit Hehe  Wink

The only advantage to getting older is knowing better......we now tend to measure 2 or three times before cutting....however the flip side is in my case I now measure twice or three times "to be sure"....and by the time I get back to the workbench to do the cutting I have usually forgot what the bloody measurement was lol

RE: Slow news month - PapaofGags - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 07:50 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  and by the time I get back to the workbench to do the cutting I have usually forgot what the bloody measurement was lol

^^^ YUP  me too Tongue

RE: Slow news month - PapaofGags - 05-05-2020

Ever wondered what Forza would look like when his head goes POP?  Tongue

Lewis Hamilton "bigger than F1" - Ecclestone. (Bernie has been busy throwing hand grenades all over, think he might be bored)

Former Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has again courted controversy by claiming Lewis Hamilton is "bigger than F1".

The 89-year-old Ecclestone has often been one to speak his mind, and his latest remark regarding the six-time world champion will surely spark debate.

Ecclestone certainly appreciates what Hamilton has done for F1 over the years by promoting himself and, in turn, the sport.

"He’s different," Ecclestone said of Hamilton in an interview with Autocar. "That’s great.

"He’s a first-class guy. He’s actually bigger than F1. Nothing wrong with launching clothes lines or having rappers as friends.

"I don’t think people give him an instruction book and start telling him what to do. He’s in a position where he can speak out and wake a few people up, and I’m pleased he’s using it. 

"He has also said he feels the sport is a bit too safe now, which I agree with. I don’t want anybody to get hurt, but some of that knife-edge excitement has gone from it."

RE: Slow news month - forzaferrari - 05-05-2020

Fixed that typo for you Bernie...

"He’s a bellend," Ecclestone said of Hamilton in an interview with Autocar.

RE: Slow news month - forzaferrari - 06-05-2020

(27-04-2020, 12:58 PM)morini Wrote:   The MOT expires on her car next week but I believe there is a 6 month grace period on that so we should be ok. Might have to get the Mrs to rotate the cars if this goes on for much longer, or mine and daughters cars might not start at all when the time comes.

How did you fare with sorting out the mot Morini....did you get TEC/ exemption cert?.....I ask as it has been announced today here in N.I that we are now to be given a 1 year mot exemption as of May 11.

RE: Slow news month - morini - 07-05-2020

(06-05-2020, 07:08 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  How did you fare with sorting out the mot Morini....did you get TEC/ exemption cert?.....I ask as it has been announced today here in N.I that we are now to be given a 1 year mot exemption as of May 11.

We had a letter from the garage who did the MOT last year. Apparently the exemption is automatic and we don't need to do anything provided we get it MOT'd within 6 months. I assume the car workshops will reopen at some point soonish. I doubt Boris and his band of muppets can keep this lockdown going for much longer or the economy will never survive it.

RE: Slow news month - forzaferrari - 07-05-2020

(07-05-2020, 09:11 AM)morini Wrote:  We had a letter from the garage who did the MOT last year. Apparently the exemption is automatic and we don't need to do anything provided we get it MOT'd within 6 months. I assume the car workshops will reopen at some point soonish. 

Yeah, if you do a gov reg check you can see (here anyway) your mot cover will have been extended, a lot of our smaller car garages/workshops are already open (some didnt close as they were seen as essential) ..... quite a few of our gov-run mot stations are being used for covid testing so no mot`s here for a year....going by yesterdays 1 year extension announcement.

RE: Slow news month - Antilochos - 07-05-2020

So I thought I check in. Everyone healthy here? Except from being sick of waiting for the bloody F1 season to start?

RE: Slow news month - PapaofGags - 07-05-2020

(07-05-2020, 08:08 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  So I thought I check in. Everyone healthy here? Except from being sick of waiting for the bloody F1 season to start?

Hiya Anti, a few here have survived what ever poorliness they had, we are not tested in UK as our MP's are a useless bunch of *****  Rolleyes so no one can be certain what they had. 

Been a little quite lately, hoping all are well & keeping safe.

Hope all's good in your world.   Smile

Hanging out for an F1 or moto GP race.....   Crying