F1 Banter Online Forums
Slow news month - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Slow news month (/showthread.php?tid=626)

RE: Slow news month - morini - 10-04-2020

(10-04-2020, 02:09 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  A clip of Lewis Hamilton qualifying at the 2018 Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix went viral in March.

Came up on my phone news feed as well, but I ignored it based on the quality of the reporting site (essentiallysports.com) I ignored it. I am pretty sure we'd have heard from a trustworthy source if there was anything in this?

Have I woken up in an alternative reality where people trust things found on the internet?

RE: Slow news month - forzaferrari - 10-04-2020

(10-04-2020, 06:56 PM)morini Wrote:  Ummm...., is this on the level? The fqdn sunrveygizmo.eu looks highly dubious to me!

That domain name alone is enough to make me run for the hills, but if it is kosher then fair play.

Cant say as I didnt use it but it was all over social media this morning

(10-04-2020, 07:03 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Cant say as I didnt use it but it was all over social media this morning

Fair enough, but I don't take anything on the internet at face value until I've satisfied myself it is real. Even more so with social media sites (which I gave up participating in 5 years ago as it pushes all my paranoia buttons). I see the positives, but the very ethos of "social media" screams "danger!" to me. I guess I've worked in technology too long and hence have a cynical streak built in.

Be careful with anything offering something for nothing on the internet. Particularly in the current "lock down" climate. That's all I'm saying Wink

RE: Slow news month - PapaofGags - 10-04-2020

(10-04-2020, 07:02 PM)morini Wrote:  Have I woken up in an alternative reality where people trust things found on the internet?

Noo mate, just a reality where I'm bored shitless.....    Smile

(10-04-2020, 07:03 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(10-04-2020, 06:56 PM)morini Wrote:  Ummm...., is this on the level? The fqdn sunrveygizmo.eu looks highly dubious to me!

That domain name alone is enough to make me run for the hills, but if it is kosher then fair play.

Cant say as I didnt use it but it was all over social media this morning

Yup I've had an email about free for 30 days.

Yeah you are right M, I have deleted the post just to be on the safe side, peeps can go look for it themselves if they want it.

(10-04-2020, 07:22 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Yeah you are right M, I have deleted the post just to be on the safe side, peeps can go look for it themselves if they want it.

No need for that Forz. It may very well be genuine, seems like paps has received via email (though that doesn't actually make it genuine). Just to be clear, I'm not saying don't avail yourself of some free entertainment if it is on offer, far from it. What I am saying is be careful clicking links which then ask you for some personal details in order to access the "free goodies". Be safe peeps (in all ways).

Not trying to put a damper on anyone discovering free good stuff (far from it, we all need as much distraction as we can get). Just trying to make people "think before click", that's all fellas.

For anyone wanting the f1tv 30 day free trial link it is available at formula1.com

(10-04-2020, 07:46 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  For anyone wanting the f1tv 30 day free trial link it is available at f1.com

Superb!

And if I offended anyone earlier with my paranoia it was well intentioned Wink

Not at all M, just thought better safe than sorry, all good buddy