F1 Banter Online Forums
Slow news month - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Slow news month (/showthread.php?tid=626)

RE: Slow news month - PapaofGags - 23-03-2020

(23-03-2020, 01:59 PM)morini Wrote:  Any race will do, even Monaco.

Yup think most of us would agree with this mate, never thought I'd miss the Monaco GP so much, cant believe I'm typing this..   (strange times)

Seems most of the Motorways are almost empty, they should have a blast up the M1 to keep the fans happy..  Tongue

RE: Slow news month - Antilochos - 23-03-2020

Can't believe that less then two weeks ago we only complained that China was of the calendar.
Look at us now, only hoping at least one race will survive this year.

RE: Slow news month - morini - 23-03-2020

(23-03-2020, 05:37 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Can't believe that less then two weeks ago we only complained that China was of the calendar.
Look at us now, only hoping at least one race will survive this year.

How are things with you Anti? Is Holland in lock down like the UK? 

BoJo has just been on the TV basically saying if we leave our houses the police are going to arrest us. Cabin fever is creeping in. I'm never going to last cooped up with no entertainment. Masked Stop

RE: Slow news month - PapaofGags - 24-03-2020

LONDON (Reuters) - Formula One expects to run a shortened season of 15-18 grands prix once racing can resume after the coronavirus pandemic, hopefully during the European summer, chairman and chief executive Chase Carey said on Monday.

"We are all committed to bringing our fans a 2020 championship season," Carey said in a statement.

"We recognise there is significant potential for additional postponements in currently scheduled events, nonetheless we and our partners fully expect the season to start at some point this summer, with a revised calendar of between 15-18 races."

Formula One needs a minimum of eight races for the season to be a proper championship.

I'm not holding my breath......   Cry

RE: Slow news month - morini - 24-03-2020

(24-03-2020, 01:29 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Formula One needs a minimum of eight races for the season to be a proper championship.

I'm not holding my breath......   Cry

Ross Brawn mentioned 12 races needed for a proper championship. I am sure I read that somewhere?

No chance of getting that many I don't reckon.

RE: Slow news month - forzaferrari - 24-03-2020

McLaren will be allowed to make “necessary changes” to its 2020 F1 car when it changes power unit for next year, despite teams agreeing to freeze their chassis designs for next year.

Formula 1 has postponed the introduction of new rules which were intended for 2021 and agreed teams will continue using their 2020 chassis next year as a cost-saving measure following the disruption caused by the pandemic.
However McLaren had already agreed terms with Mercedes to switch to its power units in 2021. It will therefore need to make compromises to a chassis which was designed to accommodate a Renault.

Team principal Andreas Seidl said they "support the change of rules" and "we will be allowed to changes its MCL35 chassis in order to fit a Mercedes to it."

RE: Slow news month - morini - 24-03-2020

(24-03-2020, 08:22 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Team principal Andreas Seidl said they "support the change of rules" and "we will be allowed to changes its MCL35 chassis in order to fit a Mercedes to it."

Just copy the Force India Racing Point Wink

RE: Slow news month - forzaferrari - 25-03-2020

Red Bull’s Helmut Marko has revealed the financial toll COVID-19 is taking on his team, something he hopes can be at least partially alleviated by Formula 1’s decision to delay its new regulations.

Forced to work from his home office with the 2020 season on-hold due to the coronavirus pandemic, Marko revealed the factory is “still working full throttle”, but will feel the hit of lost grands prix in its pocketbook.

“All teams have to expect a loss of income,” he told Österreich. “If five races are cancelled, 100 million will be lost.”

Currently the first eight races of the season have been removed from their original calendar slots, but with F1 CEO Chase Carey having announced plans for a calendar featuring “15-18 races”, it is expected that some of them will be rescheduled.

Among the races that are next under threat is Marko’s own Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring, although he maintains that his team’s home event “must run out”.

“In the middle of May our marketing activities are supposed to start, we are keeping all our plans,” he asserted.

Additionally, Marko expects F1’s decision to carry-over the 2020 cars to the 2021 season to ease some of the burden, while also providing the additional benefit of stopping other teams from going all-out on their next-gen challengers without restrictions.

“Now we have a stable set of rules. If we freeze that, the costs would drop enormously and the reform [for 2022] would then fall below the planned budget cap,” he explained.

And while those restrictions would also apply to his team as well, Marko believes his team is already in position for contention.

“We want to take our chance [in 2020] and compete with Max for the title,” he said.

RE: Slow news month - forzaferrari - 26-03-2020

Goodwood's popular Festival of Speed event is the latest motorsport fixture to be postponed due to the global coronavirus pandemic.
The 9-12 July event normally attracts around 200,000 spectators and features a hillclimb competition, along with countless demonstration runs and a wealth of static displays.

On Tuesday, Motorsport UK – motorsport's governing body – announced that all event permits would be suspended until the end of June at the earliest.

But Goodwood's organisers have now taken the decision to postpone the Festival of Speed amid the current uncertainty over when restrictions on mass gatherings imposed by the UK government will be lifted.

RE: Slow news month - morini - 26-03-2020

(26-03-2020, 03:14 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Goodwood's popular Festival of Speed event is the latest motorsport fixture to be postponed due to the global coronavirus pandemic.
The 9-12 July event normally attracts around 200,000 spectators and features a hillclimb competition, along with countless demonstration runs and a wealth of static displays.

On Tuesday, Motorsport UK – motorsport's governing body – announced that all event permits would be suspended until the end of June at the earliest.

But Goodwood's organisers have now taken the decision to postpone the Festival of Speed amid the current uncertainty over when restrictions on mass gatherings imposed by the UK government will be lifted.

Gaaahhhh .....  Scream Scream

Right, I reckon we need a temporary rule -> no posting "news" unless it's "good news". Then again, it'll be even quieter on here of we do that.