F1 Banter Online Forums
Slow news month - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Slow news month (/showthread.php?tid=626)

RE: Slow news month - morini - 14-02-2020

(14-02-2020, 02:52 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So apparently Lewis was "throwing" a lap down and then backed out at the last chicane according to Craig Slater and the pit crew were grinning from ear to ear. Something tells me it's quick.

Well, I hope it's not too quick. Seriously, I would like to see some tension and close races between teams this year. Last thing anyone wants is a two horse race as I'm well aware most people think VB just hasn't got it in him. I'm not one of those, I still think VB could challenge if he can maintain consistent race results and rub the season with a championship approach (i.e. maximise every result, even when you can't win). He is already there in quali, I rate him as one of the quickest qualifiers out there. He's sometimes also good on race day, mostly if he leads from the front I grant you. Needs to do it more weekends than not!! I'm not writing him off.

RE: Slow news month - The Professor - 14-02-2020

(12-02-2020, 11:24 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Max on track this morning at Silverstone 

Looks like a snow plough, Red Bull being true to their concept.

RE: Slow news month - Jody Barton - 14-02-2020

Watching a bit of the W11 on track and you get to see the lines more as it moves in the low winter sun. Those side pods are amazing. They've taken ferrari's concept and run with it, they start further back than Ferrari's and are narrower, and the taper into the rear body work is tight as hell. They've raised their front wishbone more and the nose undercut is way more extreme than last seasons. and just the shear amount of visible floor is staggering, as is the even more extreme T-section at the rear. Talking of the rear the suspension at the back looks different, haven't seen any clear shots, but it looks like a change to me.

Yeah, the big grins at Mercedes are either going to be wiped off of those faces rather quickly, or they're a horrible sign for the rest. Lewis was struggling to contain his excitement, and even Bottas had a grin. Allison also said the guys at Brixworth have had a good winter and found performance from the engine which is a step up. Want to see Melbourne already.

RE: Slow news month - forzaferrari - 14-02-2020

Had to switch off the Alpha Tauri launch coverage, cant watch anymore of this nonsense....they're making Ferrari`s launch look exciting...and it was completely shit!!

Oh look, it's another car that looks like a bastard love child of the W10 and SF90... who would have thunk it. But you look at the arse end of all these cars none of them are as tight as either the Merc or Ferrari, the RBR is close, but just eyeballing them the top two look a little better than the rest again.

Well apparently Gary Anderson isn't impressed with the Mercedes... again...

https://the-race.com/formula-1/gary-andersons-verdict-on-the-2020-mercedes/

He said similar things about the W10 and W09, and he was obviously proved spectacularly wrong. Hearing Mercedes have worked super hard on the cooling this season, apparently last season they weren't always able to run their engines at full beans all the time last year. We'll get to see who has got it right soon enough, but I'm not betting against Mercedes.

RE: Slow news month - forzaferrari - 14-02-2020

(14-02-2020, 09:46 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well apparently Gary Anderson isn't impressed with the Mercedes... again...

He says more than his prayers that boy  Wink

I still remember his comments about the high rake on the Red Bull and it being a mistake in 2009... Obviously Brawn won that year, but still, not sure Newey would agree with his assessment.

RE: Slow news month - Monster Hesh - 15-02-2020

Like the splash of the burgundy, good contrast to the Petronas green.

AlphaTauri livery is looking best for me so far, the White and very dark blue/grey.

RE: Slow news month - morini - 15-02-2020

(14-02-2020, 09:46 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well apparently Gary Anderson isn't impressed with the Mercedes... again...

For me it's all just noise - "black text on a white background". No longer bother to listen to any pundit ramblings. I respect the bloke knows a lot more than me given his background in F1, but these experts do themselves no favours with a lot of the nonsense they write. Made himself looks silly on more than a few occasions.

As always I will reserve my opinions on whether a car is good ot not until after the first few races of the season. Logic tells me it will be close between the top three and that is what I am hoping for. I'm also hoping McLaren can find something "extra" and by up there at least at the head of tier 2. If they could challenge for the odd podium when the top three have off weekends that would be awesome.