F1 Banter Online Forums
2019 Singapore GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2019 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: 2019 Singapore GP (/showthread.php?tid=595)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - Jody Barton - 22-09-2019

I just hate Singapore with a passion. It's pretty much always a shit race, apart from one year when the Ferrari's decided they wanted to have a three way with Max Verstappen, in a totally hetero way!!! Otherwise it's fucking narcolepsy inducing. It's a fucking back to back with Sochi as well. Jesus. They need to get shot of these shitty tracks. If you want to see fireworks and lights go to Vegas, like... any fucking time of the year. Singapore is shit... and I'm holding back and being polite here. I've agreed to go help a friend re-roof a shed during the Sochi race, it'll be way more dramatic I'm sure.

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - pennywise - 22-09-2019

(22-09-2019, 04:12 PM)morini Wrote:  
(22-09-2019, 04:08 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Bad call from Merc today..the mediums would have been the tyre for Lewis..no brainer. .

Wouldn't have made any difference Ian. You need a 2 second per lap pace delta to overtake. It's why I don't like Singapore! (the race, not the city)

Yea but would have been a better chance than the hard....he went 23 laps on the softs so the mediums with the safety cars would have given him a better chance......but I agree Singapore sucks as a track....great spectacle but shit racing.

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - Jody Barton - 22-09-2019

Truth is Mercedes should have pitted the same lap Vettel did, they screwed up. They didn't have the pace advantage today to get past anyone. So simply were out thought and weren't quick enough. Kudos to the red team.

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - NeilP - 22-09-2019

(22-09-2019, 04:17 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I've agreed to go help a friend re-roof a shed during the Sochi race, it'll be way more dramatic I'm sure.

OMG That says everything!!!!

Lol, dont leave for the job without your input here first though!

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - pennywise - 22-09-2019

(22-09-2019, 05:09 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(22-09-2019, 04:17 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I've agreed to go help a friend re-roof a shed during the Sochi race, it'll be way more dramatic I'm sure.

I hope you know more about roofs than your F1 knowledge or it will leak like an Otters pocket....HeHe

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - Antilochos - 22-09-2019

Well, watching this shite track while Germany might not have a race next year...

On the bright side; Leclerc lost his win. He is a hypocrit, whining and acting entitled while he screwed his teammate at least twice in qualifying ánd that same teammate helped him getting the win in Spa (o, we all forget how he acted like a victum when he lost his win to Verstappen due hard racing, and since he used some tricks and calls it the best racing there is). I don't like him (but he is one of the best for sure).
Nice to see Vettel getting a win, hope this helps him come back to his old self.

Ferrari is looking very good though. I thought already watching practice and qualifying, but this proves they are out there to fight the Mercedes dominance at every track this year. If only they started this strong earlier this year.
Red Bull (cq Honda) have some work to do to keep up, but probably end up in no mans land between the two top teams and the rest.

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - forzaferrari - 23-09-2019

Great result for the red team and especially Seb who was visibly emotional afterwards. Can understand CLC being a tad miffed but it was the right call to enable a 1-2. Its been a while since Ferrari got everything right, I wont get too optimistic for another race or 2 yet, the fact Merc & RBR didnt get their cars just right may have flattered Ferrari a little this time out....but fingers crossed the upgrades continue to work and we see Ferrari fighting it out with Merc & RBR for the rest of the season and not just be strong on the straight bits.

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - PapaofGags - 23-09-2019

Congrats to Ferrari, Sebastian & Charles.

I can kinda see why Charles had a moan, but what goes around comes around, Ferrari went from a 1-3 to a 1-2, well played.

Most enjoyable bit for me? watching Alfa Romeo leading a lap.

Most unenjoyable, making such a **** up with my dream team.

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - Monster Hesh - 23-09-2019

Super happy for Seb, and Ferrari, great of him to acknowledge what hes been through and those that have helped him through the period. Damn shame for Charlie, but he's still spear heading the potential Ferrari fight back. Even if the WC are beyond, hopefully unpredictability is back, and so too my interest. Will be fascinating to see the intel on the recent upgrades and exactly what has been re/found.

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - NeilP - 24-09-2019

(22-09-2019, 05:14 PM)pennywise Wrote:  
(22-09-2019, 05:09 PM)NeilP Wrote:  

I hope you know more about roofs than your F1 knowledge or it will leak like an Otters pocket....HeHe

Ian, just a curiosity how do you know an Otters pocket leaks?