F1 Banter Online Forums
2019 Singapore GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2019 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: 2019 Singapore GP (/showthread.php?tid=595)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - morini - 20-09-2019

(20-09-2019, 02:46 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  In FP1 that will be a fine, I doubt a faulty sensor as they do calibration checks beforehand. I know it's only FP1 but it helps engine life, sooooo, it's a slam dunk. Any way, race pace only really Lewis and Max in it during FP2, so that's what I expected. Bottas, Leclerc and Albon way off if their respective team mates.

Going to watch P2 a bit later. Not bothering with P1.

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - Jody Barton - 20-09-2019

Well, the fight for pole is probably Lewis Vs Max, and the race will be decided their I think. Vettel could pick off both Albon and Bottas at this point and if Leclerc isn't on it Sainz might pick him off. Once they're in the race though it'll be as you qualified.

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - morini - 20-09-2019

(20-09-2019, 03:08 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well, the fight for pole is probably Lewis Vs Max, and the race will be decided their I think. Vettel could pick off both Albon and Bottas at this point and if Leclerc isn't on it Sainz might pick him off. Once they're in the race though it'll be as you qualified.

So, I just watched recording of P2. My take away is race pace wise Mercedes are a long, long way ahead. Quali will be key and the most interesting part of the Singapore race weekend (as usual). Anything can happen at this venue, so Saturday should be a good, tense and enjoyable day. Sunday will be a boring long winded train, like it always is.

I feel a massive rant building about the quality of the Sky TV coverage, but I will keep it to myself and spare everyone else my angry words. Thank fuck for Anthony Davidson, that's all I'll say at this point Wink

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - Antilochos - 20-09-2019

I must agree with Morini here, even if I don't like it...
Mercedes (read hamilton) will take pole. Verstappen will give them a run for the money, but don't count out Ferrari. Although everyone saying it is not their track, I see them doing mighty well actualy and could be in the fight for pole with both riders as well.
Bottas, Albon, I don't know about them when it comes to pole.

If Hamilton or Verstappen take pole, it will be a boring race (at least in front, especially with Verstappen at pole because Hamilton plays it safe).
Curious about midfield.

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - Jody Barton - 21-09-2019

Agreed Morini, as I said, between Lewis and Max for pole today, and that's the race done and dusted barring a Verstappen sandwich or some mechanical problems. The Merc in Lewis' hands looked stupidly quick in race pace, but not quick enough to get past another car, even round here. Albon and Bottas do not look a patch on their team mates here, shout out to Seb, looking good too.

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - morini - 21-09-2019

(21-09-2019, 10:03 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  shout out to Seb, looking good too.

Yes, true. Singapore is a speciality track for Vettel, though he needs the car to be on rails like the Redbull back in the EBD days. I could be proved wrong, but I don't think he will be in the fight this afternoon unless Max and Lewis get things horribly wrong. The Ferrari won't give him what he needs to be on pole I don't reckon.

There could always be some Sunday carnage though, we can never rule that out at a street circuit. Croft thinks Vettel will be on pole today because of "number symmetry" (FFS  Rolleyes) - i.e. he's been polesitter in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017 so he's nailed on to get pole in 2019. I think Croft might be disappointed, but at the very least it gives everyone an insight as to the quality of the Sky TV punditry. Why I pay stupid amounts of money to Sky I will never know!

Great P3 from CLC. Ferrari do seem to have found something, but none of the others got a clean lap in. Hamilton spinning at about 2 Mph!! Hilarious Smile

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - PapaofGags - 21-09-2019

(20-09-2019, 09:47 AM)morini Wrote:  
(20-09-2019, 03:44 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Hate it.
For what it's worth Neil, I agree completely.

Ha! I'm not alone Martin talking to Binotto "the more I see it Charles/Lewis incident the more I think the stewards got it right"

Wink

RE: 2019 Singapore GP - Jody Barton - 21-09-2019

Anyone it chat?

(21-09-2019, 02:17 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Anyone it chat?

I didn't check as there doesn't appear to be anoyone logged into the site.