F1 Banter Online Forums
2019 Italian GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2019 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: 2019 Italian GP (/showthread.php?tid=592)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: 2019 Italian GP - NeilP - 10-09-2019

(10-09-2019, 06:20 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Although it was a enjoyable race, there is a thing that annoys me.

It is not Leclerc going wide and forcing Hamilton off track (like you guys know, I don't mind a bit of dirty racing). It is Leclerc missing the chicane and getting to keep that advantage. I don't understand how nobody in F1 talks about that. And how fast FIA told us after that move there would be no concequences, it boggles my mind.
What would happen if all drivers would do that? What is the bloody point of having a chicane?

O, now I think of it that was not the only thing. Q3, we got that fiasco as well to remind us of Italy...

You and me together Anti, I guess in my ignorance I did not have too much of an issue with him not giving Hamilton room but the cut corner at the chicane really bothers me.  Palmer writes that off saying he did not gain an advantage well he actually did gain an advantage he kept position when he made a mistake. In my book you dont have to be overtaking someone to 'gain an advantage'. Clearly we are wrong Anti!

I liked Hamiltons response that is okay now we know we will not get a penalty for blocking just a Black and White flag. Fair enough that is what I will do next time.

F1 tripping over itself every single race!

RE: 2019 Italian GP - Antilochos - 10-09-2019

(10-09-2019, 07:26 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(10-09-2019, 06:20 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Although it was a enjoyable race, there is a thing that annoys me.

It is not Leclerc going wide and forcing Hamilton off track (like you guys know, I don't mind a bit of dirty racing). It is Leclerc missing the chicane and getting to keep that advantage. I don't understand how nobody in F1 talks about that. And how fast FIA told us after that move there would be no concequences, it boggles my mind.
What would happen if all drivers would do that? What is the bloody point of having a chicane?

O, now I think of it that was not the only thing. Q3, we got that fiasco as well to remind us of Italy...

You and me together Anti, I guess in my ignorance I did not have too much of an issue with him not giving Hamilton room but the cut corner at the chicane really bothers me.  Palmer writes that off saying he did not gain an advantage well he actually did gain an advantage he kept position when he made a mistake. In my book you dont have to be overtaking someone to 'gain an advantage'. Clearly we are wrong Anti!

I liked Hamiltons response that is okay now we know we will not get a penalty for blocking just a Black and White flag.  Fair enough that is what I will do next time.

F1 tripping over itself every single race!

Spot on with the advantage; I also think a driver has a advantage by cutting a chicane (makes me even feel dumb to spell it out like that).

I think you are right with "F1 tripping over itself every single race!".
It seems they are in a struggle to find a way to please everyone. But, you just can't please everyone. Only way is to act acceptable for the majoraty and to do so is to be consistant (and they lack that lately).

RE: 2019 Italian GP - forzaferrari - 11-09-2019

2 examples of a driver going off track and keeping an advantage....both penalty free as far as I can remember (yes ive been selective Wink )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI-nMx-gnTU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGzDkb3UW0w

Track limits are a complete joke in f1, every single race weekend we see drivers going "off track" somewhere usually without penalty.....I dont think we can pick and choose...you are either between the white lines or youre not therefore should be penalised....Ive been saying it for years.

RE: 2019 Italian GP - NeilP - 11-09-2019

Cannot argue with you Forza Hamilton and Verstappen should both have been penalized at Mexico (although it was the start of the race in Hamiltons case and they do for whatever reason tend to be more lenient). Monaco...maybe.

The difference to me is Leclerc had already been warned about his driving, so does that mean you need to get a warning for every different breach of rules?

They should be called Track edges because it seems there are no limits. How difficult is it to adhere to that rule!!!!

RE: 2019 Italian GP - PapaofGags - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 08:53 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Track limits are a complete joke in f1, every single race weekend we see drivers going "off track" somewhere usually without penalty.....I dont think we can pick and choose...you are either between the white lines or youre not therefore should be penalised....Ive been saying it for years.
(11-09-2019, 01:26 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Cannot argue with you Forza Hamilton and Verstappen should both have been penalized at Mexico

Yeah track limits set me off also, why its not every corner at every track is beyond me, why select *some corners* at *some tracks* should be a blanket ban IMO, Moto GP seem to be able to enforce the rules ok so should F1.

RE: 2019 Italian GP - Jody Barton - 11-09-2019

Hamilton was penalized in Mexico, as too was Max. Just saying.

(11-09-2019, 01:44 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Hamilton was penalized in Mexico, as too was Max. Just saying.
Was Lewis penalised for cutting the corner in 2016?....im 99.9% sure he didnt later claiming he slowed down therefore escaped punishment

PS. The Monaco one was probably more akin to what happened in Monza, with some caveats:

1) the stewards judged that Lewis tried to make it to the apex.
2) he left Ricciardo ample room (not in my opinion)
3) Ricciardo had made the same mistake himself twice before and had gained on Lewis for doing so.

Still think Lewis gain d a lasting advantage though in Monaco. CLC did not try to make it to the apex, once he out breaked himself he cut the chicane. He definitely didn't leave ample room, I'm not sure Lewis had made the same mistske either.

Honestly Forza, I can't be certain. Wasn't there a Safety Car or something, plus the cars behind him mostly left the track by running wide in turn 1 and 2 as well? I know he was penalised one year for running wide in Mexico.

My point was Lewis both occasions "left the track"......going by the letter of the law so to speak

Any way, going back to the CLC incident, for me the closest comparable incident was Vettel in Canada this year. That's the lack of consistency for me. Do I begrudged CLC his win? Nope. Am I happy for the Tifosi? Hell yeah. However, that's two races in a row where CLC has cut chicanes and gained an advantage, at Spa the laps he ran wide at the end of the Kennel straight were (on average) 1.1 seconds quicker and he did it 4 times. What was his winning margin again?