F1 Banter Online Forums
2019 Italian GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2019 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: 2019 Italian GP (/showthread.php?tid=592)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: 2019 Italian GP - morini - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 04:03 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Sorry but for me leclerc should have been given a penalty for cutting the chicane and then weaving all after being  flagged  for not leaving a cars width for Lewis.......Only in Italy rules are bent or ignored for the red cars

I agree with you mate, but it wouldn't have made a lot of difference. Not convinced even if Hamilton got past at that point he would have got to the end on the mediums. I guess he wouldn't have needed to cane it in dirty air, so we will never know.

Great damage limitation for Mercedes and Lewis though (considering they were expected to be way off the pace here).

RE: 2019 Italian GP - pennywise - 08-09-2019

[quote pid='20521' dateline='1567955278']

I agree with you mate, but it wouldn't have made a lot of difference. Not convinced even if Hamilton got past at that point he would have got to the end on the mediums. I guess he wouldn't have needed to cane it in dirty air, so we will never know.

Great damage limitation for Mercedes and Lewis though (considering they were expected to be way off the pace here).
[/quote]

Yea it was not a disaster for Merc...toto  saying the same....it's all about where we were today....At the home of Ferrari. ..still Lewis will take his 6th title ....leclerc  will be strong next season

RE: 2019 Italian GP - morini - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 04:12 PM)pennywise Wrote:  it's all about where we were today....At the home of Ferrari.

Yes Ian, you are spot on. It was interesting Lewis didn't say anything when Brundle tried to provoke / shit stir in the immediate post race interviews with the podium winners. However, he did say a bit more when talking to Rachel in the pen later on.

Summary here -> https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11805146/lewis-hamilton-questions-charles-leclerc-italian-gp-ruling

Can't really argue with any of that. For what it's worth Verstappen is exactly the same (borderline dangerous) when defending, there must be some rules of engagement otherwise there will be a big shunt soon. Hamilton chose to avoid the accident today, which is not surprising given the WDC circumstances. If the WDC was not a factor that would most likely have been a crash caused by CLC. Hamilton did the sensible thing.

Whatever the opinions on the defedning tactics, I still think CLC did a great job today and he deserves his back to back wins. IMO the Mercedes was demonstrably the faster race car over the lap in race trim but the Ferrari straight line speed kept them behind. I predict Ferrari will be struggling from here on in though as the Mercdes is simply a better all round package.

RE: 2019 Italian GP - Monster Hesh - 09-09-2019

Yep, near Merc white wash here on out, barring Mexico, and maybe Singapore, where the RedBulls will be the nearest contenders.

Was nice to see Renault showing a competitive low downforce package. Able to match the Merc's. They certainly closed up on McLaren in the WCC. McLaren had an end to the European leg they that need to put behind them, and hopefully (as a supporter) they regain their smoother, somewhat reliable and more consistent performances, in the races.

A fair few components get changed in Parc Ferme for same or similar parts.

https://twitter.com/peggysue198328/status/1170677590648131584

RE: 2019 Italian GP - PapaofGags - 09-09-2019

What a brilliant race, again! Charles grows horns, Renault seem to be improving. (low downforce track I know)

Ok like after Canada when I took a different view to some, I do again.   Tongue

Fantastic to see Charles get aggressive, looks like he wont be pushed around any more, maybe he has Max to thank for that.

How good was it to see Charles & Lewis in wheel to wheel combat? some times on the edge, some times over the limit, bloody brilliant!

SO glad the Stewards are finally letting them race like F1 drivers used to, really like the new mind set, #LetThemRace.

Those that think Charles went too far, would Lewis have done the same thing had the positions been reversed? damn right as would any driver worth his salt, absolutely loved the racing & the new/old black & white warnings, Lewis & every one else now knows what is now acceptable & what is not, what goes around comes around, bring on the niggle!

Loving #LetThemRace    Cool

RE: 2019 Italian GP - NeilP - 09-09-2019

Oddly enough Papa I am with you he sailed close to the edge a few times but I am glad they let it go HOWEVER he should have been penalized for cutting the Chicane had he not done so he would have lost the lead for sure. You know its Ferrari in Italy and to be honest the result was good for the sport. Also if I am being totally open it was Leclerc who I find extremely likable had it been Verstappen I would be pissed off!

It was a good race, very enjoyable I was especially pleased to see Renault do so well. As a Hamilton and Mercedes fan I am very happy with the last two races they went a lot better than I was expecting.

RE: 2019 Italian GP - forzaferrari - 09-09-2019

You tell them Lando.... https://twitter.com/i/status/1171003311379533826

RE: 2019 Italian GP - morini - 09-09-2019

(09-09-2019, 12:51 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Those that think Charles went too far, would Lewis have done the same thing had the positions been reversed?

In my honest opinion? No, he certainly wouldn't. Not there at those speeds in the braking zone for a fast corner. Actually, neither would any of the top experienced drivers (e.g. Kimi, Vettel, DRicc) all of those would have left enough space at those speeds even if it meant conceding the lead. Lewis had a bit of a track record for squeezing Rosberg for space in certain situations, but you'll notice those tactics were always wheel to wheel in slow corners - like when he squeezed him at the first turn in Austin a few years back. Not running an opponent off the track at high speed. What Charles did there early in the race was actually pretty dangerous and when he squeezed it wasn't wheel to wheel but sidepod to wheel. Millimetres away from a very big crash there. If he'd have done that to someone like Bottas I'm sure ther'd have been carnage.

Charles said after the race it was fine, hard racing. He's wrong, if he was on the receiving end of that move I'm pretty sure there would have been a big accident. Hard racing is fine, but that move was over and above acceptable IMO. Would have been a certain penalty if it were not for the stewards bottling it because it was Ferrari at Monza.

RE: 2019 Italian GP - PapaofGags - 09-09-2019

(09-09-2019, 02:24 PM)morini Wrote:  
(09-09-2019, 12:51 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Those that think Charles went too far, would Lewis have done the same thing had the positions been reversed?

In my honest opinion? No, he certainly wouldn't. 

That's fine mate, I just feel Lewis is just as ruthless as any of the drivers "that get things done" I also strongly feel there's too much namby pamby in life & especially sport, absolutely loved the racing between Charles & Lewis hoping to see much more of it, so just out of curiosity *If* Lewis does the same to Charles as I fully expect him to in the future would it be ok then? I think we both know Lewis will be dishing out some before long.

#LetThemRace  Big Grin

RE: 2019 Italian GP - pennywise - 09-09-2019

Sorry, but I'm a firm believer that when you move out of the braking line to block you will end up seriously hurting a fellow driver or worse....Max and Charles need to be sat down and told the truth about their driving and the rules......why have rules that can be broken ...what good is a flag being waved....do we all now have 1 illegal move to make before a penalty??.....Monza stewards....they shit themselves and spoonfed  Ferrari  a win.