F1 Banter Online Forums
2019 Azerbaijan GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2019 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: 2019 Azerbaijan GP (/showthread.php?tid=517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - NeilP - 26-04-2019

Well, I missed all the action today but I have to say Gasly is not doing well with Red Bull but really are we talking about promoting Albon to the senior team? I do not see that happening. In fact IF anything I see Toro Rosso telling Danil to get his Torpedo ass out the door and dropping Gasly back down as a scenario far more likely to happen. That would of course open up a seat for someone else at Red Bull and to be honest who could possibly take it. I do not think there is anyone therefore the status quo will remain. That said Kyvat is skating on very thin ice right now.

Hard to draw any conclusions from the limited action we saw but the track looked very slippy. Leclerc finishing ahead of Vettel AGAIN are you looking and taking this in Mr Binotto!!!

By the way did you guys know Charles Leclerc is a Monegasque...

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - Jody Barton - 26-04-2019

NeilP I think the only thing saving Gasly in the RBR right now if Kvyat is driving like a plank, and Albon is still too young / inexperienced. That's it. However, if he continues to show a distinct lack of pace he'll be bombed out of the first team ASAP. If Albon keeps up his development I would put him in that car instead of Gasly. He's not taking his opportunity.

As to Leclerc vs Vettel, personally I think Leclerc was pushing more today. He was running close to the walls, hitting them a few times, whereas Seb, Lewis and Bottas weren't really pushing all that hard in the dusty conditions. The onboards told their own story there I think. We'll wait and see what happens tomorrow, but at this stage I'd say Vettel has more pace in hand compared to Leclerc, but it obviously needs to show on Saturday, and Sunday. The Ferrari looked far better here again though, although they had some graining during there long runs on there rears, maybe they need to dial out some of their rear wing.

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - PapaofGags - 26-04-2019

The drain cover that George Russell hit and led to the abandonment of Formula 1's first Azerbaijan Grand Prix practice session was dislodged because of a broken mounting.

Russell's drain strike caused considerable damage to the car and the session had to be abandoned while the FIA carried out checks on all 360 of the over drain covers around the circuit.

No further problems were discovered and no reinforcements had to be made.

^^^ doesn't say if it was broken before or broken by the Williams, hoping they get the welding kit out.

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - forzaferrari - 26-04-2019

Pierre Gasly has to start the race from the pit lane after failing to stop for weighing in FP2.

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - Monster Hesh - 26-04-2019

[Image: D5FhHnEW0AYaWDU?format=jpg&name=small]
[Image: D5FV9eNWAAAR6Or?format=jpg&name=small]

That drain cover fiasco, things just continuing to go wrong, summing up Williams recent campaigns, but also since Liberty has taken over, lol.

Spot on with the Karun & Ted reaction comparison, Jody. Ted, gets the facts about stuff you want to know, and poses more speculative questions for discussion. Karun wildly speculates from vague observations and analyses the irrelevant. But, anyway...

Bottas missing a huge amount of track time, can't 'member last time that happened, be interesting to see how the rest of the weekend pans out for him.
Too early for Albon to go to RedBull, I think RedBull just need to chillout. Give the whole brutal performance targets a rest, and let some stability set in.
Was expecting better from Racing Point, though they have hidden pace at this track during practices in the past.

The bigger DRS, and increased tow, really could put alot of cars side by side overt he finish line, that i'm looking forward to.

Gasly will be getting on Marko's last nerve already I think, and seeing Kvyat stick his car in a wall again won't have improved his mood. Gasly really needs to improve.

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - Monster Hesh - 26-04-2019

[Image: D5GLhQOW0AAedgQ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Take what you want from this official graphic.

Yeah, that's hpw I had them on race pace too. The drop off for Ferrari was no where near as bad as China though two weeks ago. But on the mediums Lewis was a second a lap quicker than Leclerc and Vettel. On the Softs it was around 5 to 6 tenths quicker. He was also noticeably quicker than Bottas. On Race pace it was HAM, VES, BOT, VET, LEC .........................................................................................................................................
ALB, SAI, NOR, GAS.

That's bow bad Gasly is right now. Behind both McLarens on Race pace. He's doing really, really badly.

Actually scratch that I've just seen Sainz and Norris's times on the Softs and they are horrible. Looked great on the medium though. I think Kimi looked solid today, as did Perez. Gasly just looks poor in the Red Bull, and I don't expect him to make it into the top 10 starting from the pitlane either.

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - morini - 26-04-2019

(26-04-2019, 05:49 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Pierre Gasly has to start the race from the pit lane after failing to stop for weighing in FP2.

His days are numbered I fear. Marko is a power hungry opinionated twat and he hasn't shown a track record of patience with respect to allowing drivers to bed in.

In spirit of "say what you think", I think Marko (and Horner) need to take a very long hard look in the mirror. Admittedly Gasly has been a bit disappointing, but those two all but wrecked Kvyats F1 career (I never rated Kvyat that highly anyway, but he did show some promise). I hope they show a bit more consideration before ditching Gasly. Brutal sport F1, but those two guys are two "personalities" I would never want to meet in my working life. Difference is, when I come up agaist cocks like that I can just walk and find the next contract. Lifes too short to work with pricks. I accept it is not so easy in F1 and your base of employers is severly limited!

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - forzaferrari - 26-04-2019

Seen this on twatter