F1 Banter Online Forums
2019 Azerbaijan GP - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: F1 General Discussion Board (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: 2019 Race Threads (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: 2019 Azerbaijan GP (/showthread.php?tid=517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - morini - 27-04-2019

Think he's offline now, been around 30 minutes since he last visited.

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - Antilochos - 27-04-2019

I get the feeling I am missing something…
Wich link, wich chat?

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - Monster Hesh - 27-04-2019

Damn, I forgot about the chat. Ill try join for the next time.

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - PapaofGags - 27-04-2019

Feel for Charles though we were talking here, starting from 9th with mediums & his pace makes for a great race tomorrow, really enjoyed Quali, the chat thingy was a good idea, catch up laters. Smile

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - Monster Hesh - 27-04-2019

[Image: D5KzsqLWwAMT8C7?format=jpg&name=small]

A steal by Bottas. But, what on Earth were the Merc's doing sitting at the end of the pitlane? madness. Certainly wasn't a practice start. The tripping over each other on the outlap, crazy to see.
Their one two, wasn't a huge surprise, Ferrari were evidently running high engine modes in FP3, especially compared to the other engine manufactures. 
Perez and RP, came through, as I expected them to. It's a track they gel at.
Great from Lando also, that I didn't expect that from McLaren. Certainly something to be happy about. Now for some solid points, team.
Should RedBull have pushed for Gasly to make Q3. They had the track to themselves as Max was putting in his laps.
This track takes another scalp, poor Charlie. He needs to stay out of trouble tomorrow, which is bound to happen in the first few laps.

The delays were so close to getting past sunset. I still think this should be a night race : P

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - Jody Barton - 27-04-2019

Had to sort of go and sit in a darkened corner. Will wait to see what happens tomorrow, but no matter which way you slice it, it is a fourth front row lock out for Mercedes, and on race pace barring disasters you'd have to say it's probably another one two for them. This season could get real grim, real fast... I cracked out my 25 year old single malt...

So, let's break this down. Ferrari chewed through the Softs in their race stints, both Lewis and Bottas could go on for days. Lewis had a 0.6 second a lap advantage on the Softs over Ferrari, Bottas a 0.3. On the Mediums it got worse, Lewis had a 0.9 Second advantage and Bottas a 0.5. Hell Max was quicker on the Mediums. If that's how in pans out tomorrow we'll... Kiss the WCC good bye and the WDC will go to a Merc driver, most likely Lewis.

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - NeilP - 27-04-2019

Had to sort of go and sit in a darkened corner.

Lots to digest after that session, my take aways are as follows:

Hugely disappointing day for Ferrari, just how often are we going to say that this year. I think Binotto has made so many mistakes he is almost catching up Vettel. Leclerc, I can forgive him when you push like he does you are going to have some mishaps. Vettel failed to deliver what many thought would be a pole for Ferrari (Incidentally why do we keep hearing this race after race its ridiculous!)

On the other hand a great day for Mercedes another front row lockout but that does not mean that much to me in a race that is almost certain to have more twists and turns than a box of Rotini. After last year you feel Bottas is owed. I think he got a little lucky on his last lap but give him credit he got pole fair and square.

Red Bull I feel did as well as could be expected and I would not rule out Verstappen for a Podium spot. Gasly fastest in Q2 was eye opening and he needed that but he will be a none factor in the race.

Outstanding job by Perez he goes well here and given any mistakes in front of him he will be there to grab the crumbs off the table. Stroll is so far back its embarrassing.

Got to hand it to Kyvat, this is what he can do but oh so many mistakes he has not really learned his lessons which is a shame because the guy can drive. Disappointed to see Albon finish down the field but still a decent day for him.

Fantastic performance from Lando Norris he is really doing well in his first season and great to see McLaren back up there. As for Sainz what is going on with him?

Williams, please get someone else in the car Robert is done, its a great achievement but he just does not have it. I fear for Russells future he is unquestionably talented but what a crappy car to drive but he is doing great with what he has.

The race is going to be unpredictable. Lot of egos going into that first lap would not be shocked to see a safety car that soon!

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - Jody Barton - 27-04-2019

Truth is I'm far more pissed off about the Merc front row lock out than I thought I would be. Honestly, I'm bored of this now.

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - PapaofGags - 27-04-2019

(27-04-2019, 06:24 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Truth is I'm far more pissed off about the Merc front row lock out than I thought I would be. Honestly, I'm bored of this now.

"However, only once has a pole sitter in Baku finished on the podium - Nico Rosberg when he won in 2016"

Found ^^^ this on Sky, so probability's mean we should have a mixed up podium.   Wink

RE: 2019 Azerbaijan GP - morini - 27-04-2019

(27-04-2019, 06:24 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Truth is I'm far more pissed off about the Merc front row lock out than I thought I would be. Honestly, I'm bored of this now.

Come on Jody, credit where it's due. Mercedes quietly go about their business and are always going to be there or thereabouts even when their competitors are having a very strong weekend. The truth is Ferrari need to do a better job as a team. I think they had the faster one lap car, but Vettel isn't the driver for that car IMO. Yes CLC binned it trying too hard, but it was always a long shot getting through Q2 on mediums. I blame the ferrari strategists for that, not CLC.

If LeClerc had made Q3 he'd have gotten pole. I'm convinced of that.