F1 Banter Online Forums
`Gasley V Hartley - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Driver Contract Gossip (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: `Gasley V Hartley (/showthread.php?tid=31)

Pages: 1 2

`Gasley V Hartley - Foghorn Leghorn - 16-11-2017

Who do you think will come out on top? experience over youth, perhaps Smile

RE: `Gasley V Hartley - forzaferrari - 16-11-2017

For me Hartley but not by a lot.

RE: `Gasley V Hartley - morini - 16-11-2017

Too soon to say, but I like Hartleys way of handling himself, seems very assured on the radio. Both better than Kvyat!

Stupid name though, I always think of Harley Hare from pipkins  Confused

RE: `Gasley V Hartley - forzaferrari - 16-11-2017

As I said to fog, when I hear "Hartley" I think of the old yellow pages ad....J.R Hartley from the early 80`s I think it was.

RE: `Gasley V Hartley - Jody Barton - 17-11-2017

It’ll be interesting to see who comes out on top, that’s for sure. Hartley was passed over by the RB driver program in favour of both Ricciardo and Kvyat. He wasn’t ready back then by his own omission, but he has gone on to learn a lot driving in WEC. He’s looked OK so far in an F1 car, but not really great. Gasly is a different prospect, he’s young, full of confidence and beans and has a CV that by today’s standards in F1 should give him a shot... I however... well I’ve never rated him. Can’t put my finger on why that is, but I haven’t. However, seeing him in an F1 car recently? He’s started to change my mind, the safe bet is Hartley to come out on top, but I have a sneaky suspicion Gasly will prove to be the quicker driver over one lap, but Hartley more consistent in the races, we’ll see.

RE: `Gasley V Hartley - Purple-banana - 17-11-2017

(16-11-2017, 10:38 PM)morini Wrote:  Stupid name though, I always think of Harley Hare from pipkins  Confused

(16-11-2017, 10:46 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  As I said to fog, when I hear "Hartley" I think of the old yellow pages ad....J.R Hartley from the early 80`s I think it was.

That's funny, I think of the jam! (As in 'jars of-', not the band)

RE: `Gasley V Hartley - Antilochos - 18-11-2017

A bit early for me to pick, but if asked; I think Hartley will start strongest, but Gasly will surpass him during the first season and stay ahead. Just think there is more potential in Gasly then in Hartley, but the former needs a bit more learning/experience.

RE: `Gasley V Hartley - morini - 18-11-2017

(18-11-2017, 03:09 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  A bit early for me to pick, but if asked; I think Hartley will start strongest, but Gasly will surpass him during the first season and stay ahead. Just think there is more potential in Gasly then in Hartley, but the former needs a bit more learning/experience.

Agree with all of that. Gasly has more potential.

RE: `Gasley V Hartley - The Professor - 18-11-2017

Gasly for me out of those two. Red Bull / Toro Rosso are pretty ruthless with their drivers though. Carlos Sainz is the best driver I have seen come through though that system, I think he's potentially better than Verstappen.

RE: `Gasley V Hartley - Antilochos - 19-11-2017

(18-11-2017, 07:56 PM)The Professor Wrote:  Gasly for me out of those two. Red Bull / Toro Rosso are pretty ruthless with their drivers though. Carlos Sainz is the best driver I have seen come through though that system, I think he's potentially better than Verstappen.

I think Saintz is good, but certainly not that good (otherwise the other top teams would of snatched him away in stead of a complex deal with Renault).
So far, I think Vettel is still their best product, but Verstappen will surpass Vettel as a talent next year for sure (results is a different thing). Then there is Ricciardo who I also believe is better then Saintz, with the latter as a number 4 in that program. But that's my personal view.

1. Vettel / Verstappen
2. Verstappen / Vettel
3. Ricciardo
4. Saintz
5. Kvyat
6. Etc.