F1 Banter Online Forums
Ricciardo wants Ferrari. - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Driver Contract Gossip (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Ricciardo wants Ferrari. (/showthread.php?tid=168)

Ricciardo wants Ferrari. - LotusLover - 30-03-2018

Probably not a secret but can only see Danny Ric wanting the Scuderia as he has Italian heritage himself, Kimi will leave the end of the season and become an F1 analyst with his non stop chatter Smile. I cannot see Ric going anywhere else personally

RE: Ricciardo wants Ferrari. - Jody Barton - 30-03-2018

I don't think any current top driver wants to drive anything other than a Mercedes on current form. The issue for Danny will be:

1) Would Vettel want him there?
2) How would that play out with Leclerc?

If you read any of the Italian sport press then you'll know they want Leclerc in a Ferrari ASAP. So if he's not looking ready at the end of this season there are strong rumours they'll off Kimi another year.

RE: Ricciardo wants Ferrari. - LotusLover - 30-03-2018

Fair point on LeClerc. If Bottas fails to deliver then yes strong case for Mercedes. I don't know why, but i think he would take Ferrari in a heart beat. Currently a more competitive car than RB and dont they switch to Honda? So he potentially could have two options providing he does well this season too.

I think there is a chance for Danny Ricciardo at plenty of teams, the two obvious ones being Ferrari and Mercedes. However, if Bottas continues to make mistakes / under perform this season Mercedes will replace him. No question, and if they do Ricciardo would have to be top of that wishlist. It's the same for Ferrari, although they are clearly big fans ofeclerc (and with good reason).

Some other teams to consider would be both Renault and McLaren. All so might well be on his way out of F1, and Renault official have no drivers for 2019 I think, although you have to expect they'd want to retain Hulkenberg's, and maybe keep Sainz. I still think the most likely outcome is that he signs for Red Bull again.

RE: Ricciardo wants Ferrari. - morini - 30-03-2018

(30-03-2018, 07:58 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Fair point on LeClerc. If Bottas fails to deliver then yes strong case for Mercedes. I don't know why, but i think he would take Ferrari in a heart beat. Currently a more competitive car than RB and dont they switch to Honda? So he potentially could have two options providing he does well this season too.

Don't mess with my perfect vision for a dream team Lotus Lover! 

I really need to see a Hamilton / Ricciardo or a Hamilton / Verstappen combo before I pop my clogs. I hold both in very high regard and say what you want about Hamilton but he isn't afraid to go up against anyone. One of the reason I don't particularly rate Vettel (please don't go off on one people) is that season where DR owned him in a team SV had been in for years. No top tier driver should ever let themselves look as bad as Vettel did in 2014 against a less experienced, new to the team driver. Vettel is fast on his day (if the car is glued to the track) and I do respect his past achievements but I think he would fear having Danny or Max in the other seat at Ferrari.

(30-03-2018, 08:05 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I think there is a chance for Danny Ricciardo at plenty of teams, the two obvious ones being Ferrari and Mercedes. However, if Bottas continues to make mistakes / under perform this season Mercedes will replace him. No question, and if they do Ricciardo would have to be top of that wishlist. 

I want to see Hamilton up against DR (or MV) in a Mercedes. Please let it happen Toto Wolff. I would also like to see Hamilton get a crack at a title in a Ferrari before he retires (a few years left to do both).

RE: Ricciardo wants Ferrari. - LotusLover - 30-03-2018

It would be a mouth watering prospect indeed with either of those two drivers mentioned. Lets see what happens with VB first although i really think the writing os on the wall in his case. It wont be Max as he has just extended and would they pay his clause.

I think Hamilton and Ricciardo is looking more likely. I remember when Rosberg quit everyone said Hamilton would veto Max or Danny joining, and firstly Hamilton bristled and said he'd love to go head to head with either and he thought both were top drivers. Toto confirmed Lewis had never asked for a driver veto clause in his contracts... around the same time it was confirmed Vettel not only had such a clause, but also had final say on who Ferrari picked as their number 2 driver... which also confirmed Vettel had team leader status. I was disappointed in him over that. Not sure those clauses are left in his new contract though as Marchionne wasn't pleased with them.

For the record I'd love to see Hamilton Vs Ricciardo or Hamilton Vs Verstappen. I'd like to see him go to another team at the end of his career also, Ferrari would be the obvious choice for history reasons. If he grabbed WDCs with 3 different teams I'm not sure anyone could deny his place in the history books then.

(30-03-2018, 08:47 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I think Hamilton and Ricciardo is looking more likely. I remember when Rosberg quit everyone said Hamilton would veto Max or Danny joining, and firstly Hamilton bristled and said he'd love to go head to head with either and he thought both were top drivers. Toto confirmed Lewis had never asked for a driver veto clause in his contracts... around the same time it was confirmed Vettel not only had such a clause, but also had final say on who Ferrari picked as their number 2 driver... which also confirmed Vettel had team leader status. I was disappointed in him over that. Not sure those clauses are left in his new contract though as Marchionne wasn't pleased with them.

For the record I'd love to see Hamilton Vs Ricciardo or Hamilton Vs Verstappen. I'd like to see him go to another team at the end of his career also, Ferrari would be the obvious choice for history reasons. If he grabbed WDCs with 3 different teams I'm not sure anyone could deny his place in the history books then.

I don't usually quote whole posts, but in this case I agree with it so much I had to double check I didn't write the post myself! Particularly the last sentence  Smile